Rockjock 60 Rear Axle

TheCols

Need to replace my rear axle. To go full float puts my costs to about 13k. If I get a G2 Rockjock 60, the cost is about 6400 after install. I know it is a semifloat, which is not the ideal solution, and I know full float is the way to go, but my current axle is toast. Anyone have experience with the G2 Rockjock?

Attachments

• BD4A55AB-60A2-4201-B8F1-B9E73E706458.jpeg
    BD4A55AB-60A2-4201-B8F1-B9E73E706458.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 2949F9BD-9212-4C32-808F-991514D8D1F0.jpeg
    2949F9BD-9212-4C32-808F-991514D8D1F0.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 6D18396D-54C5-40C2-AC53-D555EEB68691.jpeg
    6D18396D-54C5-40C2-AC53-D555EEB68691.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 77430376-E9A8-4D9A-B109-E98317EBF605.jpeg
    77430376-E9A8-4D9A-B109-E98317EBF605.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 977C794A-F494-4AE5-9458-CF5C1FB3FEB1.jpeg
    977C794A-F494-4AE5-9458-CF5C1FB3FEB1.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 259

Ddays

Hooked
Wasn't there already a thread where you asked about this? It doesn't matter what brand of SF 60 you install, the flange now becomes your weak point. If you broke an axle like that then you're gonna be bending flanges
on the 60. Going all the way to FF $ucks, I know because I'm in the process of doing what I should have done 4 years ago, but the only way you're going to avoid breaking axles/bending flanges is to go FF.

TheCols

I did have another thread but that one was asking about bigger issue FF vs SF. This one was asking about the Rockjock axle if anyone has it and their experience. I really want to go FF, and clearly the way to go. But after getting the quote to do it, my wife will divorce me if I spend that much now, and I need to get the jeep back on the road.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I did have another thread but that one was asking about bigger issue FF vs SF. This one was asking about the Rockjock axle if anyone has it and their experience. I really want to go FF, and clearly the way to go. But after getting the quote to do it, my wife will divorce me if I spend that much now, and I need to get the jeep back on the road.

Check out Fusion. I see on their website a SF60 that’s $4200 with locker, chromoly shafts, and delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Check out Fusion. I see on their website a SF60 that’s $4200 with locker, chromoly shafts, and delivery.

It looks like their FF60 is ~$5500 with all the bells and whistles... For $1300 more wouldn't that be worth it? Or is the install cost high to go FF?

TheCols

What drives it up is you have to get new wheels for the lug pattern, then you need a break booster to push the same amount of fluid to the brakes that come with the UD60, the ebrake has to change, and then to install all of that drives it to 13k +. It ain’t cheap.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
What drives it up is you have to get new wheels for the lug pattern, then you need a break booster to push the same amount of fluid to the brakes that come with the UD60, the ebrake has to change, and then to install all of that drives it to 13k +. It ain’t cheap.

Cool, I haven't looked into all the *ancillary* stuff to upgrade to D60s. I figured it'd be salty. Good luck man!

Ddays

Hooked

Bud, this is exactly my point. It's expensive, so why throw good money after bad on this deal? Save up & do it right because you're going to end up doing what I am doing when you start bending flanges. You're gonna end up wasting thousands of dollars. You can't do this on the cheap or you'll regret it.

Brute

Hooked

I guess you're going to miss her...

TheCols

For everyone that says “save up the money”. Two things here, first, the jeep is dead in the water now and I have to get it fixed now, and second, I have the money. It is how I choose to spend the money. I also have a wife who does not agree with putting 10 or 13 grand on a rear axle for us since we are a few years away from retirement. I could cough up 21 to 23 grand and do UD 40’s front and rear if I wanted to. I was hoping to get feedback from anyone who has experience with the RockJock 60 axle. If anyone has this axle would love to hear your feedback and experience. Thanks!

Ddays

Hooked
For everyone that says “save up the money”. Two things here, first, the jeep is dead in the water now and I have to get it fixed now, and second, I have the money. It is how I choose to spend the money. I also have a wife who does not agree with putting 10 or 13 grand on a rear axle for us since we are a few years away from retirement. I could cough up 21 to 23 grand and do UD 40’s front and rear if I wanted to. I was hoping to get feedback from anyone who has experience with the RockJock 60 axle. If anyone has this axle would love to hear your feedback and experience. Thanks!

We're all trying to help you out bud but you refuse to acknowledge what we've all been trying to tell you. Carry on........

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

You don’t want feedback and experience, you’re looking for someone to reaffirm what you’ve already decided on.

Andy5160

Hooked

10-13 grand on a rear axle[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug

No one is holding a gun to your head bro. Ask a question, get an answer, make a decision. It’s as easy as that.

A.J.

FWIW I did some research on this axle and found out exactly what you are. Not much. The more I researched the clearer it became that full float was the way to go. Think about this. You just broke an axle shaft. By doing a semi float D60 regardless of which brand you choose it's potentially the same 35 spline shaft you could put in your D44. The carrier gear set and tubes will be stronger but the part you just broke will not. Just fix the one you have. If the carrier is messed up put a 35 spline carrier and axles in it. Much cheaper and you don't have to buy wheels/master cylinder etc. etc. Currie tried at one point to do a 40 spline semi float but it didn't really work out either. If you absolutely have it set in your mind to do a semi float rear call Dan at Fusion. Even if you don't buy he is a great resource to help you make your decision.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom