Rear Diff Find

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Tonight I serviced my rear diff due to a cover leak and found this little guy in the pumpkin. Anyone familiar enough with JK lockers to know where this came from? Locker operates fine and no visible damage anywhere. Hoping someone can shed some light on this tiny spring.

IMG_6553.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Tonight I serviced my rear diff due to a cover leak and found this little guy in the pumpkin. Anyone familiar enough with JK lockers to know where this came from? Locker operates fine and no visible damage anywhere. Hoping someone can shed some light on this tiny spring.

View attachment 337335

Found the same in mine. It's part of a seal. Or at least mine was. I don't have lockers.
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/52256-Found-these-after-draining-my-rear-dana-44

Last edited:
The spring goes around the outside of a flexible seal to put inward pressure on it. Eventually it will dribble but unless the seal was torn it wont be too bad.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Thanks. Did you ever get any leaks and/or get more of the spring out?

Funny you should ask. Last R&R (Oct) I noticed Dif Fluid seeping at the rear pinion. Not a lot. So it didn't show signs of leaking for almost a year. But then it only gets driven every 4 months. No I have not gone back in yet to find the rest. But it is time to find the rest and fix the problem.

Top Bottom