Great Granddads tool restorations.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I know I have a separate thread for a specific pipe vise but I'd like to document all of what I've been doing for all of the tools I've been restoring in one spot. To start with I just finished restoring this old manual chuck hand drill and I've been making good progress on that pipe vise as well. There's a half a dozen levels I can work on, a couple planar and several wrenches and specialty tools I'll be posting in here.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Here is that hand drill I was referring to. I should have taken a before picture but imagine it really rusty and without the proper screws for the handle. 20191104_210640.jpg 20191104_210644.jpg 20191104_210655.jpg

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
It looks like this drill was made by the John S. Fray company. They were bought by Stanley in 1909 and these were made from 1909-1920. It still has the pewter bands that hold the middle handle together but I believe the screw has been shortened at some point because the Jaws don't close all the way.
Here is that hand drill I was referring to. I should have taken a before picture but imagine it really rusty and without the proper screws for the handle. View attachment 337491 View attachment 337492 View attachment 337493

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Ope, quick edit. It looks like the Jaws were not intended to close all of the way based on many others I have seen. So Perfect condition.
It looks like this drill was made by the John S. Fray company. They were bought by Stanley in 1909 and these were made from 1909-1920. It still has the pewter bands that hold the middle handle together but I believe the screw has been shortened at some point because the Jaws don't close all the way.

Top Bottom