Codes

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
So the Jeep has been sounding and feeling a little harsh lately and I found these codes. Anyone experience any of these?
P0300 multiple cylinder misfire
P000c bank 2 camshaft 1 position slow response
P000d bank 2 camshaft 2 position slow response
P0018 crank Pos camshaft Pos correlation bank 2 sens
P0019 crank Pos camshaft Pod correlation bank 2 sens

I did have it tuned with superchips but back to stock now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Noble Woodsman

Seems unlikely that both camshaft position sensors would fail at the same time, but the p0018 and p0019 codes are likely the reason for the other codes. Since you have both p0018 and p0019, it could be low oil pressure or the oil control valve to the camshafts is sticking. Also suggest checking the wiring harness for the camshaft position sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Is it an intermittent issue or always runs rough? If you clear the codes which come back?

Damaged harness is the first guess if intermittent. Voltage issues are known to create erroneous issues, battery terminals grounds etc.

If not intermittent could be a timing issue.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Is it an intermittent issue or always runs rough? If you clear the codes which come back?

Damaged harness is the first guess if intermittent. Voltage issues are known to create erroneous issues, battery terminals grounds etc.

If not intermittent could be a timing issue.

It was always running rough, almost shuts off after turning the ignition. Ended up taking it to the dealership and ended up just being the cam sensor. Going to replace and see if that fixes it. Thanks for the suggestions.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Looks like the timing chain tensioner, prime was also needing to be replaced, luckily that one is still covered in the power train warranty.

Top Bottom