VIDEO : SEMA 2019 - DAY 3 / Rugged Ridge / Cargo Glide

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Continuing our coverage of all things Jeep JT Gladiator trucks and JL Wranglers at the 2019 SEMA Show, Cindy and I made our way back into the Off Road hall and to check out the plethora of products that Rugged Ridge is bringing to market. This would include their all new replacement fenders for the JL Wrangler that not only sit a bit taller than what you'd find on a Rubicon but also come with built in high clearance DRL's. Of course, the original DRL lights that they came out with last year for factory trimmed fenders has been improved and should finally be available for sale soon. Last but not least, the elusive bolt on snorkel of theirs was on display again only this time, in its final form and as I'm told, with a part number as it's ready for sale now. Another cool product that we came across and thought you might want to see as well was made by a company called Cargo Glide. Essentially, they make a large flat deck that sits in the bed of your JT Gladiator, extends the full length of it, can carry up to a 1,000 lbs of gear and be slid to a completely out. I should note though that they also make a slide track that hangs from the cross bars of any bed rack and have a roof deck that can be pulled out and tilted down with ease for easier access to all your gear on top. We hope you enjoy.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed seeing our video coverage of SEMA 2019, please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel so that you can get all our updates!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

20191107190707-81d8796f-me.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Those cargo racks were ingenious. My only thought on them was how much they would rattle? Seems like a lot of tracks and rollers that would drive me crazy on a dirt road or trail.

The guys at RR have done a great job on those fenders. They look seamless done.

Can’t wait to see what else you guys find!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I like all three fender options from rugged ridge. Not sure about the bed rack though.

That glide system is pretty cool. Not sure I think it’s best for that small bed in a JT but the work for full size rigs for sure.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
It's obvious that Rugged Ridge really takes pride in what they build. Cool stuff.

Andy5160

Hooked
I really dig RR JL flares looks really sharp. JT not so much the way it was presented. Three stages nahhhh. It would look much better without black bottom portion of the flare. It has to go at least for me looks unfinished.
Is that aluminum deck 1000xl can be mounted on top of Decked [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
When the rep mentioned fishing rods I thought of Brute [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Jsouder53

Hooked
I like what Rugged Ridge is coming out with especially the flares.

I like the bed slide for sure, but I do question how much it will rattle as well

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Another great video. I love seeing some of the smaller stuff like slides and cases and racks and stuff.

In my opinion, Rugged Ridge is killing it with some of that stuff. It sounds like they are really spending time on their designs. And a huge thumbs up to them for making the latch the same height between front and rear tube doors.[emoji106] The mismatch shit that everyone else makes is a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

benatc1

Hooked
Nice to see the rugged ridge stuff hitting the market, I really like a bunch of it. Actually have that liscence plate mount and it's pretty nice. Interesting innovation from the cargo glide too, boss has over in his full size truck and it's pretty slick

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
Nice video. You can really see the thought Rughed Ridge puts into their products with how everything meshes together.

Brute

Hooked
That Cargo Glide top that angles down is going to save a lot of backs getting the spare on and off the truck...I like that idea...and as Andy said...who doesn't need a cool rod holder rack?...

As far as the RR snorkel concerned...why is there a mesh intake below the snorkel?...I'm sure I'm missing something (could be the excessive libations celebrating the close Raiders win)...

bkac

Caught the Bug
Looking forward to the fender light options. That was a detailed video. Great job asking the right questions.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
As far as the RR snorkel concerned...why is there a mesh intake below the snorkel?...I'm sure I'm missing something (could be the excessive libations celebrating the close Raiders win)...

Pretty sure that mesh (low air intake) is blocked off if you are running the upper snorkel part (the high air intake). Or, you can run just the low air intake and a plate goes across the top eliminating the upper snorkel tube running up the A pillar.

jeeeep

Hooked
LIke what Rugged Ridge is offering.

Bumpers look nice, license plate relocation :thumb:

JT's are killing it, trying hard not to own one ...yet :cheesy:

Thanks for the coverage!

JAGS

Hooked
Really cool. The RR drls look great. Wonder what the price point will be compared to full replacement fenders?? Wish they would have demo’d the leds.

The front bumper on the JT in a stubby for the JL would be interesting. Not sure I want to wait that long

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Those rugged ridge flares are still amazing!

That cargo system you showed at the end of the video is really cool as well! Very innovative

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those cargo racks were ingenious. My only thought on them was how much they would rattle? Seems like a lot of tracks and rollers that would drive me crazy on a dirt road or trail.

The guys at RR have done a great job on those fenders. They look seamless done.

Can’t wait to see what else you guys find!

Legit concern regarding the Cargo Glide. Once locked in, they seemed to be solid but there'd be no way for me to say with certainty how they'd do or should I say, sound on a washboard road.

The Rugged Ridge fenders were really nice and looked surprisingly OE. I would totally consider a set for our JL even though we have a Rubicon if only because of the room you'd gain for bigger tires and still have a cool DRL.

I like all three fender options from rugged ridge. Not sure about the bed rack though.

That glide system is pretty cool. Not sure I think it’s best for that small bed in a JT but the work for full size rigs for sure.

The fenders were nice for sure and on our Gladiator, I'd love to run the same setup as what they had on theirs.

It's obvious that Rugged Ridge really takes pride in what they build. Cool stuff.

Well, Patrick does anyway. He's their senior designer/engineer and he loves what he does. He's a real Jeep enthusiast and has been a lot happier ever since they gave him more free reign to make things he wants to make. I think if it were completely up to him, he'd be making even cooler stuff.

I really dig RR JL flares looks really sharp. JT not so much the way it was presented. Three stages nahhhh. It would look much better without black bottom portion of the flare. It has to go at least for me looks unfinished.
Is that aluminum deck 1000xl can be mounted on top of Decked [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
When the rep mentioned fishing rods I thought of Brute [emoji23][emoji23]

I'm not sure the Cargo Glide would work well on top of the Decked system. At least, I doubt you'd be able to carry 1000 lbs. of gear on it when fully extended.

I like what Rugged Ridge is coming out with especially the flares.

I like the bed slide for sure, but I do question how much it will rattle as well

Glad to hear so many of you are liking what you're seeing in this video :)

Another great video. I love seeing some of the smaller stuff like slides and cases and racks and stuff.

In my opinion, Rugged Ridge is killing it with some of that stuff. It sounds like they are really spending time on their designs. And a huge thumbs up to them for making the latch the same height between front and rear tube doors.[emoji106] The mismatch shit that everyone else makes is a deal breaker for me.

I've talked to Patrick at length about this in the past and from what I was told, he used to have his hands tied quite a bit and it was a struggle to come out with anything really nice. I think the Truck Hero thing has really given him a lot more latitude and now we're really starting to see nicer stuff come out from them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see the rugged ridge stuff hitting the market, I really like a bunch of it. Actually have that liscence plate mount and it's pretty nice. Interesting innovation from the cargo glide too, boss has over in his full size truck and it's pretty slick

Awesome. Glad to hear you have the license plate mount and like it and that you've seen the Cargo Glide in use and think it's nice too.

Nice video. You can really see the thought Rughed Ridge puts into their products with how everything meshes together.

It is nice to see that kind of attention to detail especially on products that are more consumer friendly in price.

Pretty sure that mesh (low air intake) is blocked off if you are running the upper snorkel part (the high air intake). Or, you can run just the low air intake and a plate goes across the top eliminating the upper snorkel tube running up the A pillar.

What Sharkey said ^^^^
When we install the one they sent us, we'll just be using the lower vent.

Looking forward to the fender light options. That was a detailed video. Great job asking the right questions.

Thanks and yes, really looking forward to the fender DRL. Compared to the one that most people are running today, I can tell you that it's a much cleaner and nicer design.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LIke what Rugged Ridge is offering.

Bumpers look nice, license plate relocation :thumb:

JT's are killing it, trying hard not to own one ...yet :cheesy:

Thanks for the coverage!

LOL - resistance is futile :cheesy:

Really cool. The RR drls look great. Wonder what the price point will be compared to full replacement fenders?? Wish they would have demo’d the leds.

The front bumper on the JT in a stubby for the JL would be interesting. Not sure I want to wait that long

Good question on the DRL price point. I'll see if I can't push to get some general numbers.

Those rugged ridge flares are still amazing!

That cargo system you showed at the end of the video is really cool as well! Very innovative

Awesome, glad you liked what you saw :)

I'll join the chorus and say that I love the new fender flares.

LOL - cool :)

DMF

Rugged Ridge has some nice products. Thanks for another great coverage of the products coming out!

Top Bottom