Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : SEMA 2019 - DAY 3 / Rugged Ridge / Cargo Glide

Looking forward to the fender light options. That was a detailed video. Great job asking the right questions.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Not "living" but "loving" life always!

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    As far as the RR snorkel concerned...why is there a mesh intake below the snorkel?...I'm sure I'm missing something (could be the excessive libations celebrating the close Raiders win)...
    Pretty sure that mesh (low air intake) is blocked off if you are running the upper snorkel part (the high air intake). Or, you can run just the low air intake and a plate goes across the top eliminating the upper snorkel tube running up the A pillar.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

LIke what Rugged Ridge is offering.

Bumpers look nice, license plate relocation

JT's are killing it, trying hard not to own one ...yet

Thanks for the coverage!

Really cool. The RR drls look great. Wonder what the price point will be compared to full replacement fenders?? Wish they would have demo’d the leds.

The front bumper on the JT in a stubby for the JL would be interesting. Not sure I want to wait that long
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Those rugged ridge flares are still amazing!

That cargo system you showed at the end of the video is really cool as well! Very innovative
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I'll join the chorus and say that I love the new fender flares.

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Those cargo racks were ingenious. My only thought on them was how much they would rattle? Seems like a lot of tracks and rollers that would drive me crazy on a dirt road or trail.

The guys at RR have done a great job on those fenders. They look seamless done.

Can’t wait to see what else you guys find!
    Legit concern regarding the Cargo Glide. Once locked in, they seemed to be solid but there'd be no way for me to say with certainty how they'd do or should I say, sound on a washboard road.

The Rugged Ridge fenders were really nice and looked surprisingly OE. I would totally consider a set for our JL even though we have a Rubicon if only because of the room you'd gain for bigger tires and still have a cool DRL.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    I like all three fender options from rugged ridge. Not sure about the bed rack though.

That glide system is pretty cool. Not sure I think it’s best for that small bed in a JT but the work for full size rigs for sure.
    The fenders were nice for sure and on our Gladiator, I'd love to run the same setup as what they had on theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    It's obvious that Rugged Ridge really takes pride in what they build. Cool stuff.
    Well, Patrick does anyway. He's their senior designer/engineer and he loves what he does. He's a real Jeep enthusiast and has been a lot happier ever since they gave him more free reign to make things he wants to make. I think if it were completely up to him, he'd be making even cooler stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    I really dig RR JL flares looks really sharp. JT not so much the way it was presented. Three stages nahhhh. It would look much better without black bottom portion of the flare. It has to go at least for me looks unfinished.
    Is that aluminum deck 1000xl can be mounted on top of Decked
    When the rep mentioned fishing rods I thought of Brute
    I'm not sure the Cargo Glide would work well on top of the Decked system. At least, I doubt you'd be able to carry 1000 lbs. of gear on it when fully extended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    I like what Rugged Ridge is coming out with especially the flares.

I like the bed slide for sure, but I do question how much it will rattle as well
    Glad to hear so many of you are liking what you're seeing in this video

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Another great video. I love seeing some of the smaller stuff like slides and cases and racks and stuff.

In my opinion, Rugged Ridge is killing it with some of that stuff. It sounds like they are really spending time on their designs. And a huge thumbs up to them for making the latch the same height between front and rear tube doors. The mismatch shit that everyone else makes is a deal breaker for me.
    I've talked to Patrick at length about this in the past and from what I was told, he used to have his hands tied quite a bit and it was a struggle to come out with anything really nice. I think the Truck Hero thing has really given him a lot more latitude and now we're really starting to see nicer stuff come out from them.

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Nice to see the rugged ridge stuff hitting the market, I really like a bunch of it. Actually have that liscence plate mount and it's pretty nice. Interesting innovation from the cargo glide too, boss has over in his full size truck and it's pretty slick
    Awesome. Glad to hear you have the license plate mount and like it and that you've seen the Cargo Glide in use and think it's nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    Nice video. You can really see the thought Rughed Ridge puts into their products with how everything meshes together.
    It is nice to see that kind of attention to detail especially on products that are more consumer friendly in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    As far as the RR snorkel concerned...why is there a mesh intake below the snorkel?...I'm sure I'm missing something (could be the excessive libations celebrating the close Raiders win)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Pretty sure that mesh (low air intake) is blocked off if you are running the upper snorkel part (the high air intake). Or, you can run just the low air intake and a plate goes across the top eliminating the upper snorkel tube running up the A pillar.
    What Sharkey said ^^^^
    When we install the one they sent us, we'll just be using the lower vent.

Quote Originally Posted by bkac View Post
    Looking forward to the fender light options. That was a detailed video. Great job asking the right questions.
    Thanks and yes, really looking forward to the fender DRL. Compared to the one that most people are running today, I can tell you that it's a much cleaner and nicer design.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    LIke what Rugged Ridge is offering.

Bumpers look nice, license plate relocation

JT's are killing it, trying hard not to own one ...yet

Thanks for the coverage!
    LOL - resistance is futile

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Really cool. The RR drls look great. Wonder what the price point will be compared to full replacement fenders?? Wish they would have demo’d the leds.

The front bumper on the JT in a stubby for the JL would be interesting. Not sure I want to wait that long
    Good question on the DRL price point. I'll see if I can't push to get some general numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Those rugged ridge flares are still amazing!

That cargo system you showed at the end of the video is really cool as well! Very innovative
    Awesome, glad you liked what you saw

Quote Originally Posted by rmccown View Post
    I'll join the chorus and say that I love the new fender flares.
    LOL - cool

Rugged Ridge has some nice products. Thanks for another great coverage of the products coming out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast