Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stickies?

I've never been to Moab and never run 'stickies' and I'm still quite amazed how well the Jeep platform performs with a good set of 35s or even 33s. I've gone places I never would have imagined with just that. Sorry I don't have any cool social media pics handy to prove it.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    I guess you didn’t read the comment I made a few posts back where I mentioned that it’s highly unlikely anyone here would have any experience with the “black label” tires especially being that there are better offerings from American companies. Perhaps the answer you’re looking for would be better suited for google.

And where is this so called person who seemed to like them? The same guy that just said others he’s wheeled with liked them and said he wouldn’t buy them again. The only tire he liked less was the Goodyear (shocker there)
    I bought a set of BFG KO2s 12.50x17 for my Gladiator yesterday from Discount Tire. I’m not sold on the Milestar enough for my daily driver. I will probably end up with the BFG Krawlers on my Method beadlocks before EJS next year. I have a spare set of wheels that I am going to mount my 37” Mickey Thompson MTZs on for street use. I know that the Krawlers are proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I bought a set of BFG KO2s 12.50x17 for my Gladiator yesterday from Discount Tire. I’m not sold on the Milestar enough for my daily driver. I will probably end up with the BFG Krawlers on my Method beadlocks before EJS next year. I have a spare set of wheels that I am going to mount my 37” Mickey Thompson MTZs on for street use. I know that the Krawlers are proven.

Sounds to me like you have more tires than you know what to do with if you have such great quality tires such as those Mickey Thompson’s and BFG krawlers, why the hell would you even think about shitty milestar tires that have such mixed reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I've never been to Moab and never run 'stickies' and I'm still quite amazed how well the Jeep platform performs with a good set of 35s or even 33s. I've gone places I never would have imagined with just that. Sorry I don't have any cool social media pics handy to prove it.
    If you’re in Colorado Moab is pretty close. You should make the trip, Moab is a lot of fun and you will be amazed on how steep you can climb on the slick rock.
    I have always wanted to go to the Ouray area and try some trails there, maybe this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    Sounds to me like you have more tires than you know what to do with if you have such great quality tires such as those Mickey Thompson’s and BFG krawlers, why the hell would you even think about shitty milestar tires that have such mixed reviews?
    I don’t have the Krawlers yet. Was just considering the Milestar’s but will probably go with the BFG’s instead.

l will probably go with the BFG’s instead.
    That would be a good choice support those quality USA made tires like you said too, they are proven

I was running about 15 psi in the Toyo’s. I don’t have them on beadlocks so I didn’t want to chance blowing a bead. I really like the the side wall strength and look of the Toyo. I still have them mounted on rims I am thinking about putting them on my Gladiator and experimenting with tire pressure. I appreciate the reply with your actual experience.
    I can say on my 37” Coopers and Nittos I have ran 11-12 PSI and never had a bead issue without beadlocks. And the tires are completely different at 11 psi than they are at 15. Id give that a try before investing in stickies. And I’d also purchase beadlocks and run current tires at 8-10psi before running stickies as you’d want beadlocks with those anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    Has anyone tried Milestar Black label’s? I’m thinking of trying some 38x13.50 on my JK.
    From what I have seen of them in person they seem like they are complete trash. Seems like the sidewalls are really thin and slit really easily and they can’t grab traction on any surface other than pavement. Couldn’t give me free sets of them for life, I wouldn’t want them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456