Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stickies?

Stickies?

Anyone here run stickies?

I have been thinking about picking up a set for use in Utah and Colorado.

In the past trips to Moab and Sand Hollow I have noticed that my Procomp M/T2's take a real beating! The lugs and outside edges seem to get rounded off. That type of wear only seems to happen on the Utah rock.

Can't decide between BFG Reds and Maxxis Trepador Comps. Both seem to have good reviews with the traction edge going to the BFG Reds. The Trepadors however seem to have a stronger sidewall.

Thoughts?
    Byron Haner - Wickersham, Wa
    2016 JKUR HR
    Evo Offroad DTD w/Evo Lever
    Dynatrac Elite ProRock XD60/80
    40" Procomp MT, 17" B.A.D. Wheels

My Build Thread

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    There are better tires out there than the pro comps. Jumping straight to a sticky compound tire would be a huge waste in my opinion, especially in CO. Unless, you're into trails like the ones out in Penrose (Patriot, independence, etc) I don't know your build or what you're into, but 99% of trails around here don't require stuff like that. I understand that Moab and sand hollow are a different ballgame though.

If you're dead set though, my vote is trepadores. Those things are unstoppable.
    Last edited by boardsurfer; 11-11-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Stickies are a softer compound...they won't last very long, unless you plan to only trailer your rig...

I've had Toyo's OC MT's on Brute before...they hook up well and last a long time. I've only had the Cooper STT 's on Brute for a short period, but performed well at Moab last year. I've recently installed BFG Krawlers on my JK6, but have not as yet taken them on a real trail...I might be driving it for either EJS this spring or possibly for the WOL NY run in Jan (there is going to be a NY run, right?)...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    possibly for the WOL NY run in Jan (there is going to be a NY run, right?)...
    What is this run you speak of?

So far I have had the most fun on the harder trails. Pritchett, The Maze, Front range.

The Procomps seem to do very well on everything I have done. Just looking to keep those for my normal wheeling and highway tires.

In Sand Hollow you don't end up on the paved road for more than 1/4 mile. Moab has a bit more highway between the trails. But not enough that I would trailer. Doubt I put on 50 highway miles over 7 days last time I was there.

Kinda looking for the next level. I am not sure that another set of DOT tires is going to give me what I am looking for.

I understand that Stickies won't last as long. Just curious how much better the rig will do with another level of traction.
    2016 JKUR HR

My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    What is this run you speak of?
    You know, the run you never go to since it’s in NV...

You do plan on driving to Moab from WA?...

You do plan on driving to Moab from WA?...
    I am setup to trailer the Jeep for long trips. Just makes me feel better wheeling when I have a backup plan to get home.

I wouldn't have a problem driving the Jeep all the way there... I just wouldn't end up pushing the limits as far once I got there. To me finding the limits has been a big part of the fun!
    2016 JKUR HR

My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bhaner View Post
    I am setup to trailer the Jeep for long trips. Just makes me feel better wheeling when I have a backup plan to get home.

I wouldn't have a problem driving the Jeep all the way there... I just wouldn't end up pushing the limits as far once I got there. To me finding the limits has been a big part of the fun!
    If you’re trailering to UT etc, then ok...stickies will last about 2000 miles

Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Stickies are a softer compound...they won't last very long, unless you plan to only trailer your rig...

I've had Toyo's OC MT's on Brute before...they hook up well and last a long time. I've only had the Cooper STT 's on Brute for a short period, but performed well at Moab last year. I've recently installed BFG Krawlers on my JK6, but have not as yet taken them on a real trail...I might be driving it for either EJS this spring or possibly for the WOL NY run in Jan (there is going to be a NY run, right?)...
    Great decision . Would love to see the JK6 in person

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast