Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Stickies?

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I was hoping to find someone that has actually run the Milestar Black Label. I have talked to a few people that run the DOT version and like them. I’m currently running Mickey Thompson MTZ tires which is Cooper’s premium tire on my JK they seem to have more traction then my previous Toyo’s. I have Falcons on my Gladiator that I’m not impressed with, and Goodyear’s on my F-350 that I will only get 20k out of. I’m just looking for a good rock tire that I can air down and have the best traction.
    I can assure you you won’t find anyone here running them. And if you joined only to accomplish that then you’ll likely find the reception a bit cold. But if not, then stick around and take the advice you’ll get. Lots of knowledge gets passed around and lots of tires have been ran and tested and destroyed and you will get some good advice on an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    I can assure you you won’t find anyone here running them. And if you joined only to accomplish that then you’ll likely find the reception a bit cold. But if not, then stick around and take the advice you’ll get. Lots of knowledge gets passed around and lots of tires have been ran and tested and destroyed and you will get some good advice on an alternative.
    I’m looking for some dedicated rock crawling tires to mount on my beadlocks. I have seen videos how great the Milestar tires are but I am hesitant about Chinese tires. I was hoping to find someone that actually has run the black label that can give me a honest opinion from someone besides the dealer selling the tire. If anyone knows of a better rock tire I would like to know.

I don’t have direct experience with Milestars. But I can report my own experience with air pressure and traction. I noticed a large difference between 12 psi and 8 psi. That’s with Toyos. What pressure are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stickies?

I would venture as far as to say that few people “need” stickies. I’ve wheeled and been a part of many groups that have wheeled in many different terrains. I grew up in the north west, live in Utah and have wheeled everything from slick granite and limestone to the slickrock in Moab and the wet moss covered rocks and logs of north west Washington. And I can tell you that nothing up to this point as ever made me feel the need for stickies nor have I come across a properly built rig that needed them either. That being said, Nitto, Cooper, Toyo all make great tires and yes, Nitto does make a competition compound (stickies) if that is something you just have to have.
    Be realistic in your requirements and I believe the answer you’re looking for isn’t to hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I don’t have direct experience with Milestars. But I can report my own experience with air pressure and traction. I noticed a large difference between 12 psi and 8 psi. That’s with Toyos. What pressure are you running?

I was running about 15 psi in the Toyo’s. I don’t have them on beadlocks so I didn’t want to chance blowing a bead. I really like the the side wall strength and look of the Toyo. I still have them mounted on rims I am thinking about putting them on my Gladiator and experimenting with tire pressure. I appreciate the reply with your actual experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post

A couple psi can make all the difference...Toyo’s, especially when new, have fairly stiff sidewalls. After you mount them to beadlocks, try running them at 10 psi and under...

I’m looking for some dedicated rock crawling tires to mount on my beadlocks. I have seen videos how great the Milestar tires are but I am hesitant about Chinese tires. I was hoping to find someone that actually has run the black label that can give me a honest opinion from someone besides the dealer selling the tire. If anyone knows of a better rock tire I would like to know.
    How many fucking times do you need to say that same thing?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Browse this thread.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...Patagonia-M-Ts

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Thanks, that was informative. The only person that actually own a set in that thread seem to like them. But I still haven’t seen where has actually tried the black label tires and commented on them.

Stickies?

Thanks, that was informative. The only person that actually own a set in that thread seem to like them. But I still haven’t seen where has actually tried the black label tires and commented on them.
    I guess you didn’t read the comment I made a few posts back where I mentioned that it’s highly unlikely anyone here would have any experience with the “black label” tires especially being that there are better offerings from American companies. Perhaps the answer you’re looking for would be better suited for google.

And where is this so called person who seemed to like them? The same guy that just said others he’s wheeled with liked them and said he wouldn’t buy them again. The only tire he liked less was the Goodyear (shocker there)
    Last edited by RESURECTIONJK; 12-08-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast