Air locker help please...

bhaner

Sounds like you have an air leak inside the axle. Could be the fittings/line going from the housing to the locker or maybe the locker itself.

I would take the cover off and have a look.

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like you have an air leak inside the axle. Could be the fittings/line going from the housing to the locker or maybe the locker itself.

Yep, this ^

Pull the cover and look. You may want to make sure the bulkhead fitting on the pumpkin is tight first.

Exodus 4x4

Yep, this ^

Pull the cover and look. You may want to make sure the bulkhead fitting on the pumpkin is tight first.

It’s an OX, there is no internal air. It’s most likely a puncture line somewhere between the solenoid and the diff cover.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Not that I'm an expert on OX lockers, but that constant cycling of the compressor is a dead giveaway that there's a leak somewhere, especially as it runs constantly when he disconnects the line from the cover. If he would have held his finger over the hose and it did the same cycling that would confirm it.

desertrunner

If the compressor is cycling on and off there is definitely a leak somewhere. I had that with my ARBs in 2 different spots. The bulkhead on the front diff and a connection between by compressor line and the HD line coming out of my rear diff.
In my case I was able to lay under the jeep and hear the hissing when the compressor would cycle off. If not use some soapy water and it should bubble up wherever the leak is. Hopefully you can identify it, I was frustrated for a while until I found my 2

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Also check for leaks at the manifold and compressor. If the seals blow on the piston, air will bypass out at that location

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TxCoastie

It’s an OX, there is no internal air. It’s most likely a puncture line somewhere between the solenoid and the diff cover.

Right on the money Bubba!

Found the line puncture. Inside the frame rail where the driverside transmission bolt threads in. Must have snagged it while flexing at Hidden Falls.

Thanks for all of the support!

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

I had a feeling...
Are the OX air lockers much of a savings over ARB?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

It’s not a cost savings as much as it a reliability thing. They always work and have no internal seals to leak, unlike ARB’s which leak often. We get a lot of ARB seal work and it’s frustrating for the customer.

Ddays

Hooked
I had a feeling...

It’s not a cost savings as much as it a reliability thing. They always work and have no internal seals to leak, unlike ARB’s which leak often. We get a lot of ARB seal work and it’s frustrating for the customer.

I did some research after Bubba suggested these ( See - I DO read some shit :D) and watched a lot of youtube vids. I think I'm gonna give the OX a shot on my axle coming up. I really like the fact that it works mechanically and has a limp off feature that ARB doesn't. Plus you can actuate it via air or cable - your choice.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

I did some research after Bubba suggested these ( See - I DO read some shit :D) and watched a lot of youtube vids. I think I'm gonna give the OX a shot on my axle coming up. I really like the fact that it works mechanically and has a limp off feature that ARB doesn't. Plus you can actuate it via air or cable - your choice.

Ok, it sounds like I’m going to have to do some research here!

jdofmemi

I sure like that idea. My rear e locker is out now. I've had more ARB problems than I have patience to write about.

A good old mechanical device that I can fix when it don't work sounds good to me.

TxCoastie

I had a feeling...

I know everyone has different experiences and budgets while building our rigs.

I went with OX and Switchpros because theyre both American companies with American products. Along with EVO, Rock Hard 4×4, and Revolution on my rig.

Im a Veteran and I always prefer putting my money towards America any way I can.

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

It really is a shame OX chose to behave like douchebags here.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-is-against-the-rules-but?p=797749#post797749

While I wouldn’t expect any of you to care, just like they didn’t, I just want to point out that many of you wouldn’t even know to consider them if it weren’t for this forum.

That was before I was here, so I didn't know the history.

Thanks for the lesson. Shame they were douches about it.

Top Bottom