VIBRATION DAMPER transfer case

Ddays

Hooked

BaddestCross

I have been trying for some time now to find a diagram of how this applies. Can't find one. Does it go through the case here and attach to the front output shaft?
I don't know about the Jeep transfer case. I replaced one on my old S15 Blazer years ago that was attached to the crankshaft. I would assume the transfer case would be the same idea.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-nv-241-nv-241or-transfer-case-service

Am looking to rebuild my transfer case, 07 Rubicon. On back side of rear case half is a vibration damper as illustrated in first pic of Eddie's write-up on t-case service. My question is: how is this damper attached to t-case and can it safely be removed since Jeep did not use these on future builds?

It’s attached by 3 bolts and can be removed with no issue. There is no spinning or anything like that that was mentioned. I actually installed one on my 2015 after long fight with vibrations.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

It’s attached by 3 bolts and can be removed with no issue. There is no spinning or anything like that that was mentioned. I actually installed one on my 2015 after long fight with vibrations.

Spinning was the only thing that made any sense to me, just could not figure how it was attached to any moving components. Seems very odd that it would help.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Spinning was the only thing that made any sense to me, just could not figure how it was attached to any moving components. Seems very odd that it would help.

I noticed a difference when I put it on. You’ll see weird dampeners like that on some vehicles. Kind of like the “dogbone” on mustangs.

Ddays

Hooked
They're supposed to dampen low frequency vibes. Same principle as the harmonic damper on a crankshaft.

Top Bottom