Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BDS vs R.E.

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    My experiences with both.
    RE- entry level product with a great warranty. they just send the replacements out regardless. (keep in mind we warranty a lot compared to other brands). Ride quality is as stated above. I personally think quality has gone down since Transamerican purchased them.

BDS- have gone down hill, the no questions asked warranty is not that. They had huge issues with rear JK control arms stripping the threads and it was near impossible to get then to send replacements. they expected customers to pay for them. I quit selling because warranty was always a issue claiming. ride quality was alright but bushings wear out fast. base line shocks suck.

I would look at other options before you pull the trigger.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

Thanks for all the helpful input! Ill keep on searching and post some updates.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block krdadlamb's Avatar

Re 3.5

My RE kit was pretty complete with brake line extenders, CA relocation brackets, high steer. Etc. I purchased it at EJS from 4wheelparts, and got their show discount. So, for the price, I feel it was "ok". As others have mentioned, it's stiff. That being said, I have heavy bumpers, and a winch. It couldn't hold the weight and started sagging pretty quickly. I was also disappointed in how quickly the silver paint chipped and rusted.

Quote Originally Posted by trailraider View Post
    My experiences with both.
    RE- entry level product with a great warranty. they just send the replacements out regardless. (keep in mind we warranty a lot compared to other brands). Ride quality is as stated above. I personally think quality has gone down since Transamerican purchased them.

BDS- have gone down hill, the no questions asked warranty is not that. They had huge issues with rear JK control arms stripping the threads and it was near impossible to get then to send replacements. they expected customers to pay for them. I quit selling because warranty was always a issue claiming. ride quality was alright but bushings wear out fast. base line shocks suck.

I would look at other options before you pull the trigger.
    Hit the nail on the head. Good info right there OP.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12