CLickity Click?

Torrin

On my 2017 JK with PR44 up front, when I am full locked to driver side and in reverse, there is a loud clicking from the front end, seemingly from the driver side C. Any ideas what it might be and how critical it is to get address? Full lock in drive on either side is fine. (all of this in 2WD).

Thanks for any input.

G-mansjk

Your u joints are probably shot. Reach in and grab your axle shaft at the u joint and try to shake it. If it's loose or you hear any clanking that's the culprit

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
^^ This or if you went with RCV shafts, that Rice Krispies noise is what they consider normal.

Torrin

^^ This or if you went with RCV shafts, that Rice Krispies noise is what they consider normal.

No RCV, I hated the rice crispy noise. Crazy if it is the u-joint, as I only have 2k miles on the axle. Will check though.

WJCO

Meme King
On my 2017 JK with PR44 up front, when I am full locked to driver side and in reverse, there is a loud clicking from the front end, seemingly from the driver side C. Any ideas what it might be and how critical it is to get address? Full lock in drive on either side is fine. (all of this in 2WD).

Thanks for any input.

No chance it's the tire hitting something? Or possibly even brake hardware loose? Just seems strange that it only occurs in reverse.

Torrin

No chance it's the tire hitting something? Or possibly even brake hardware loose? Just seems strange that it only occurs in reverse.

I just got it to happen in forward at lunch. Recorded it, but wasn't close enough to the U-Joint, will try again tonight.

Torrin

LOL, after lots of checking, I figured out my inner liner was slightly bent (plastic) and was catching the tire at full lock. 3000 miles on my U-Joints, I was not going to be happy if that was it. :D

jesse3638

Hooked
LOL, after lots of checking, I figured out my inner liner was slightly bent (plastic) and was catching the tire at full lock. 3000 miles on my U-Joints, I was not going to be happy if that was it. :D
Don't you hate when it's something so simple but you've put in way more work than needed...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Torrin

Don't you hate when it's something so simple but you've put in way more work than needed...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Indeed, it was not obvious until I had a friend hold it at full lock, and you could see the tread of the tire slightly nicking it. Sounded like a bad u-joint all the way. WHEW!

jeeeep

Hooked

too late to the party but yeah...I had the same thing happen and took me weeks to figure it out :beer:

Top Bottom