JL Diesel fully optioned at 60K? Wow

jorgelrod

Hooked
Just saw some of the first reviews on the Diesel JL, as much as it sounds like a dream on a Wrangler, I think it's a bit on the high side and it will end up discontinuing itself...
Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.34.36 AM.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Ouch. IMO most of the new diesel engines are just too finicky. Too much bullshit management on them that doesn't need to be there. Wish they built diesels like they used to.

bouche03

$60,000 is outrageous for a Jeep. No wonder sales are down...can't imagine many of these flying off the lots. The $60,000 SUV segment is crowded with much better and more refined vehicles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Crazy expensive, hangs down super low, even with the smaller gas tank, the overall weight of the truck is heavier and it's utterly gutless off the line. Sure, it has a bit more range stock but I can guarantee you that it'll diminish quite a bit with bigger tires. I simply could not justify paying this kind of money for so little benefit just to have a diesel. For the money, I would get a RAM and be happy with real power, comfort and towing capacity.

Dale72

Hooked
I will not own a car with a diesel engine. Since I drive a truck and have seen all the problems they have had since they have put the DPF on in 09 and now with the DEF

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I will not own a car with a diesel engine. Since I drive a truck and have seen all the problems they have had since they have put the DPF on in 09 and now with the DEF

Couldn't agree more with commercial chassis. Especially Navistar/International. Aside from having to carry around a jug of DEF and being robbed of their true power, from my experience (RAM's and Fords at work) personal vehicles seen to be much more reliable. Just make sure to use manufacturer's filters to prevent voiding the warranty.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

I’d rather spend that kind of money on a Tahoe our Yukon. Or just bite the bullet and go Escalade or Range Rover. 60k for a JL is nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Noble Woodsman

Given that the JLs now have the 8 speed transmission, would a diesel really be that attractive anyway? Seems to me the new transmissions with the 3.6L pentastars have ample torque even with large tires.

Dale72

Hooked
Couldn't agree more with commercial chassis. Especially Navistar/International. Aside from having to carry around a jug of DEF and being robbed of their true power, from my experience (RAM's and Fords at work) personal vehicles seen to be much more reliable. Just make sure to use manufacturer's filters to prevent voiding the warranty.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app
I agree about the 1 ton pickups. I Wish I still had this truck and still pulling these 20170123_133653.jpg

I’m curious what a quick aftermarket tune can do for the engine, that would be a big part of the diesels value. That and the elimination of the exhaust bs. Still pricey.

Noble Woodsman

You can eliminate the exhaust bs but it will void the warranty

How would you do that? I thought modern diesels have exhaust temp, NOx, and soot sensors in the emission train that provided critical feedback to the ECM, without which the engine would not run?

If it is possible, removing the emissions system would also make the vehicle fail emissions inspections in the US and EU.

You can eliminate the exhaust bs but it will void the warranty

Yeah because Jeep owners never modify vehicles 🤣

How would you do that? I thought modern diesels have exhaust temp, NOx, and soot sensors in the emission train that provided critical feedback to the ECM, without which the engine would not run?

If it is possible, removing the emissions system would also make the vehicle fail emissions inspections in the US and EU.

Look at all the Diesel engines on the market. There’s a kit for everything. And move to a state that has bigger problems to worry about then inspections.

Dale72

Hooked

It can be deleted if you have access to a computer and the program to hook up to the ECM

Top Bottom