Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JL Diesel fully optioned at 60K? Wow

JL Diesel fully optioned at 60K? Wow

Just saw some of the first reviews on the Diesel JL, as much as it sounds like a dream on a Wrangler, I think it's a bit on the high side and it will end up discontinuing itself...
    Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.34.36 AM.jpg

Ouch. IMO most of the new diesel engines are just too finicky. Too much bullshit management on them that doesn't need to be there. Wish they built diesels like they used to.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Ouch. IMO most of the new diesel engines are just too finicky. Too much bullshit management on them that doesn't need to be there. Wish they built diesels like they used to.
    100% Agree.

Make Diesels Great Again.

$60,000 is outrageous for a Jeep. No wonder sales are down...can't imagine many of these flying off the lots. The $60,000 SUV segment is crowded with much better and more refined vehicles.

Crazy expensive, hangs down super low, even with the smaller gas tank, the overall weight of the truck is heavier and it's utterly gutless off the line. Sure, it has a bit more range stock but I can guarantee you that it'll diminish quite a bit with bigger tires. I simply could not justify paying this kind of money for so little benefit just to have a diesel. For the money, I would get a RAM and be happy with real power, comfort and towing capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    For the money, I would get a RAM and be happy with real power, comfort and towing capacity.
    Agreed but replace ram with the updated L5P duramax in either the new Sierra or Chevy
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

A lot of money to avoid some fuel stops.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    that's the average price for a gas job JL in Canada. can't wait to see the diesel's will cost.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

I will not own a car with a diesel engine. Since I drive a truck and have seen all the problems they have had since they have put the DPF on in 09 and now with the DEF

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dale72 View Post
    I will not own a car with a diesel engine. Since I drive a truck and have seen all the problems they have had since they have put the DPF on in 09 and now with the DEF

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Couldn't agree more with commercial chassis. Especially Navistar/International. Aside from having to carry around a jug of DEF and being robbed of their true power, from my experience (RAM's and Fords at work) personal vehicles seen to be much more reliable. Just make sure to use manufacturer's filters to prevent voiding the warranty.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast