Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it me or

Nothing but a Thing Strodinator's Avatar
    Hey man, I fucked up when I first got here. Started spouting off about badlands winches when I hadn't introduced myself or anything. At the end of the day they are cheap shit just like shitty built. Uneducation and ignorance started me out.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

Is it me or

Quote Originally Posted by IBEWoutdoorsman View Post
    Is it me, the years of working in the “construction trades”, or are there a lot of sensitive people on this “wayalife” forum? I thought we just talked crap like we do out on the trails. Maybe this forum isn’t for me. And anyone know what the whole donkey thing is about? Did I offend the right person or what? Thanks.
    I’d appreciate it if you left my donkey out of this.
    Adjustments.JPG
    By the way guys he is still for sale!
    I know he only has three legs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Quit being such a candy ass and just suck it up.
    Last edited by Edwrds; 11-14-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    2016 JKU

If you think it’s cool than.. I mean. I guess. But I love talking shit. We do it everyday at work.But I honestly didn’t know about these “rules”. I didn’t know I had to “Hi, I’m Dave” whole AA thing before I posted anything. I thought it was just a discussion type like reddit or 4chan and helping other jeepers out. Honestly if I posted something for free on a Jeep forum that would benefit the jeep community and someone asked if he could have it the last thing on my mind would be how many post he has. But than again I see both sides of the picture cause I wouldn’t want someone getting my shit for free and reselling it.
    You seem to have made a common mistake. Wayalife is not just another Jeep forum, but a family of sorts of mostly closely connected people.

While it is not for everyone, I have found it to be much more authentic and a "home" for me and many friends I have made here. Once you understand that, you will begin to understand why many members call out BS as soon as it shows up.

There are generally two ways people handle getting called out, they can get defensive, start slinging shit around, and causing a fuss, or they can realize and admit their mistake, apologize, and try a fresh start.

Most here have messed up at one point or another, those who apologize and stick around usually do just fine.

Now it is up to you how you handle things.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    The rules thing with me has an age curve...when I was young, I didn't give a shit...as I approached middle age, I paid more attention to it...now at my age, I'm turning into a teenager again. It's very invigorating...
    ROFL, I always joke with my wife. I'm 37 going on 15. Never gonna get old!!!

Should I of apologized? Yes. Did I fuck up? Yes. Was I being a complete total douche. Definitely. Should I just deleted my post and moved on? Yes. I just don’t like to bow down to people of no real world authority especially after coming at me that way. It’s not in me to. And I also like talking shit to whom are deserving. But yeah I would of shown some humility and said “sorry I fucked up, I’ll go do that” in a heart beat if it went the other way. And I honestly could care less for other people’s approval. I’m just here to look up, to help anyone in need, post how to’s, and see if anyone needs help in the area, and buy stuff. I just wanted to get a consensus of how most people are on this forum. And I completely see your logic and the other side of things.
    In my short time here I've seen a LOT of people get char broiled because they didn't follow the rules. There are reasons for the rules, as Brute mentioned, and I think most of us appreciate those rules once we understand why they are there.

Some shrug off the flaming and join the community afterwards. Others get butt hurt and don't come back.

If you want to join a forum that's more of a community (IMHO) stick around. If you are looking for a jeep craigslist/4chan this probably isn't for you. Cheers, hope you stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo82 View Post
    In my short time here I've seen a LOT of people get char broiled because they didn't follow the rules. There are reasons for the rules, as Brute mentioned, and I think most of us appreciate those rules once we understand why they are there.

Some shrug off the flaming and join the community afterwards. Others get butt hurt and don't come back.

If you want to join a forum that's more of a community (IMHO) stick around. If you are looking for a jeep craigslist/4chan this probably isn't for you. Cheers, hope you stick around.
    Ohh IÂ’ll definitely stick around if most people arenÂ’t that way. But I never join forums for this exact reason. Drama. I usually just get what I need and go. If I see a better way of doing something or someone needs help IÂ’ll chime in. People act differently when behind a computer screen. I act the same way on here as I would on the trails. Respectful when respected. Like I said before IÂ’m not here for anyoneÂ’s approval or internet fame. IÂ’m just here to meet good people to go wheeling with, help out when I can, and hit some trails. I could care less about the active in the Jeep community part. What everyone should be focused on is being active in your local 4x4 clubs, and public land/OHV conservation clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    You seem to have made a common mistake. Wayalife is not just another Jeep forum, but a family of sorts of mostly closely connected people.

While it is not for everyone, I have found it to be much more authentic and a "home" for me and many friends I have made here. Once you understand that, you will begin to understand why many members call out BS as soon as it shows up.

There are generally two ways people handle getting called out, they can get defensive, start slinging shit around, and causing a fuss, or they can realize and admit their mistake, apologize, and try a fresh start.

Most here have messed up at one point or another, those who apologize and stick around usually do just fine.

Now it is up to you how you handle things.
    And as far as the whole apologizing thing goes. I’m not. He could’ve came at me a different way. So I used that old saying with him. Treat people how you would want to be treated.

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    And as far as the whole apologizing thing goes. I’m not. He could’ve came at me a different way. So I used that old saying with him. Treat people how you would want to be treated.
    Damn if that’s all it takes to trash your vagina I can’t imagine what would have happened if overlander would have jumped in. Let me guess, you have a shelf full of participation trophies you got just for showing you can take a creampie. Enjoy your stay here, it’s going to be entertaining no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrds View Post
    I’d appreciate it if you left my donkey out of this.
    Adjustments.JPG
    By the way guys he is still for sale!
    I know he only has three legs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Quit being such a candy ass and just suck it up.
    No wonder they always look like they are smiling....

See You Next Tuesday!

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast