Is it me or

IBEWoutdoorsman

Is it me, the years of working in the “construction trades”, or are there a lot of sensitive people on this “wayalife” forum? I thought we just talked crap like we do out on the trails. Maybe this forum isn’t for me. And anyone know what the whole donkey thing is about? Did I offend the right person or what? Thanks.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Is it me, the years of working in the “construction trades”, or are there a lot of sensitive people on this “wayalife” forum? I thought we just talked crap like we do out on the trails. Maybe this forum isn’t for me. And anyone know what the whole donkey thing is about? Did I offend the right person or what? Thanks.

It’s you. It’s nothing to do with people being sensitive. You could give a fuck less about the “active” part of posting in the recycler then went full retard when you got shit about it. I’m pretty sure you’re right, this forum isn’t for you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked

I think it's simply a rules violation...and now testing whether you have thick skin or not...only time will tell if this place is for you...

Besides, I like mules...if you ever have the chance to climb down the trail on a mule to Kalaupapa Peninsula on Molokai (I don't even know if they even do this anymore), you will think they are the most amazing animals on the planet, since they have your life in their hands...I mean hoofs.

Seems you’re the one that doesn’t have thick skin. Got called out for being an idiot and now you’re here crying about it. Please don’t reproduce, you’ll only have dumb kids. And if you already have, then the world is now dumber for having your seed walking around. Good day.

IBEWoutdoorsman

I think it's simply a rules violation...and now testing whether you have thick skin or not...only time will tell if this place is for you...

Besides, I like mules...if you ever have the chance to climb down the trail on a mule to Kalaupapa Peninsula on Molokai (I don't even know if they even do this anymore), you will think they are the most amazing animals on the planet, since they have your life in their hands...I mean hoofs.

If you think it’s cool than.. I mean. I guess. But I love talking shit. We do it everyday at work.But I honestly didn’t know about these “rules”. I didn’t know I had to “Hi, I’m Dave” whole AA thing before I posted anything. I thought it was just a discussion type like reddit or 4chan and helping other jeepers out. Honestly if I posted something for free on a Jeep forum that would benefit the jeep community and someone asked if he could have it the last thing on my mind would be how many post he has. But than again I see both sides of the picture cause I wouldn’t want someone getting my shit for free and reselling it.

Brute

Hooked
If you think it’s cool than.. I mean. I guess. But I love talking shit. We do it everyday at work.But I honestly didn’t know about these “rules”. I didn’t know I had to “Hi, I’m Dave” whole AA thing before I posted anything. I thought it was just a discussion type like reddit or 4chan and helping other jeepers out. Honestly if I posted something for free on a Jeep forum that would benefit the jeep community and someone asked if he could have it the last thing on my mind would be how many post he has. But than again I see both sides of the picture cause I wouldn’t want someone getting my shit for free and reselling it.

The rules thing with me has an age curve...when I was young, I didn't give a shit...as I approached middle age, I paid more attention to it...now at my age, I'm turning into a teenager again. It's very invigorating...

IBEWoutdoorsman

It’s you. It’s nothing to do with people being sensitive. You could give a fuck less about the “active” part of posting in the recycler then went full retard when you got shit about it. I’m pretty sure you’re right, this forum isn’t for you.

And the reason I went “full retard” is because the way he came at me. I’m sure any human would do the same if it was in person. If it was a more giving you shit vs a power trip like “hey man the free shit is for people who are on the forums constantly, ohh and You haven’t posted a digital Jeep wave thing yet so go ahead and at least do that before you TRY and get free shit”. Idk maybe this is the only form of “power” they have so any time a chance is given they’ll use it. Ohh and I’ll give it a few more weeks before I go back to the old way of meeting people. Out on the trails.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

The point of the “active” part is to keep vultures from just swooping in and getting free shit. If something is posted in the recycler here, it’s to help out other members of the forum that actually contribute something. Hell, I’ve shipped shit to active members on here on my own dime, loaned out tools, etc. I wouldn’t do that for just anyone especially someone who’s first post is about getting something for free. Even though you agreed to the rules (which you admittedly didn’t read), you could’ve avoided all this by just showing some humility, admitting you fucked up, apologizing and then moving on. You took the other path and started insulting people and being a douche about it. And trust me, you’re not the first. Maybe there’s still hope for you if you decide to stick around. Time will tell I suppose. But if you can’t see the logic in what I’m saying, it’s probably just time to move on to another forum or something.

IBEWoutdoorsman

The point of the “active” part is to keep vultures from just swooping in and getting free shit. If something is posted in the recycler here, it’s to help out other members of the forum that actually contribute something. Hell, I’ve shipped shit to active members on here on my own dime, loaned out tools, etc. I wouldn’t do that for just anyone especially someone who’s first post is about getting something for free. Even though you agreed to the rules (which you admittedly didn’t read), you could’ve avoided all this by just showing some humility, admitting you fucked up, apologizing and then moving on. You took the other path and started insulting people and being a douche about it. And trust me, you’re not the first. Maybe there’s still hope for you if you decide to stick around. Time will tell I suppose. But if you can’t see the logic in what I’m saying, it’s probably just time to move on to another forum or something.

Should I of apologized? Yes. Did I fuck up? Yes. Was I being a complete total douche. Definitely. Should I just deleted my post and moved on? Yes. I just don’t like to bow down to people of no real world authority especially after coming at me that way. It’s not in me to. And I also like talking shit to whom are deserving. But yeah I would of shown some humility and said “sorry I fucked up, I’ll go do that” in a heart beat if it went the other way. And I honestly could care less for other people’s approval. I’m just here to look up, to help anyone in need, post how to’s, and see if anyone needs help in the area, and buy stuff. I just wanted to get a consensus of how most people are on this forum. And I completely see your logic and the other side of things.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Hey man, I fucked up when I first got here. Started spouting off about badlands winches when I hadn't introduced myself or anything. At the end of the day they are cheap shit just like shitty built. Uneducation and ignorance started me out.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Edwrds

Caught the Bug

I’d appreciate it if you left my donkey out of this.
Adjustments.JPG
By the way guys he is still for sale!
I know he only has three legs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
Quit being such a candy ass and just suck it up.

Last edited:

jdofmemi

You seem to have made a common mistake. Wayalife is not just another Jeep forum, but a family of sorts of mostly closely connected people.

While it is not for everyone, I have found it to be much more authentic and a "home" for me and many friends I have made here. Once you understand that, you will begin to understand why many members call out BS as soon as it shows up.

There are generally two ways people handle getting called out, they can get defensive, start slinging shit around, and causing a fuss, or they can realize and admit their mistake, apologize, and try a fresh start.

Most here have messed up at one point or another, those who apologize and stick around usually do just fine.

Now it is up to you how you handle things.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
The rules thing with me has an age curve...when I was young, I didn't give a shit...as I approached middle age, I paid more attention to it...now at my age, I'm turning into a teenager again. It's very invigorating...

ROFL, I always joke with my wife. I'm 37 going on 15. Never gonna get old!!!

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Should I of apologized? Yes. Did I fuck up? Yes. Was I being a complete total douche. Definitely. Should I just deleted my post and moved on? Yes. I just don’t like to bow down to people of no real world authority especially after coming at me that way. It’s not in me to. And I also like talking shit to whom are deserving. But yeah I would of shown some humility and said “sorry I fucked up, I’ll go do that” in a heart beat if it went the other way. And I honestly could care less for other people’s approval. I’m just here to look up, to help anyone in need, post how to’s, and see if anyone needs help in the area, and buy stuff. I just wanted to get a consensus of how most people are on this forum. And I completely see your logic and the other side of things.

In my short time here I've seen a LOT of people get char broiled because they didn't follow the rules. There are reasons for the rules, as Brute mentioned, and I think most of us appreciate those rules once we understand why they are there.

Some shrug off the flaming and join the community afterwards. Others get butt hurt and don't come back.

If you want to join a forum that's more of a community (IMHO) stick around. If you are looking for a jeep craigslist/4chan this probably isn't for you. Cheers, hope you stick around.

IBEWoutdoorsman

In my short time here I've seen a LOT of people get char broiled because they didn't follow the rules. There are reasons for the rules, as Brute mentioned, and I think most of us appreciate those rules once we understand why they are there.

Some shrug off the flaming and join the community afterwards. Others get butt hurt and don't come back.

If you want to join a forum that's more of a community (IMHO) stick around. If you are looking for a jeep craigslist/4chan this probably isn't for you. Cheers, hope you stick around.

Ohh I’ll definitely stick around if most people aren’t that way. But I never join forums for this exact reason. Drama. I usually just get what I need and go. If I see a better way of doing something or someone needs help I’ll chime in. People act differently when behind a computer screen. I act the same way on here as I would on the trails. Respectful when respected. Like I said before I’m not here for anyone’s approval or internet fame. I’m just here to meet good people to go wheeling with, help out when I can, and hit some trails. I could care less about the active in the Jeep community part. What everyone should be focused on is being active in your local 4x4 clubs, and public land/OHV conservation clubs.

IBEWoutdoorsman

You seem to have made a common mistake. Wayalife is not just another Jeep forum, but a family of sorts of mostly closely connected people.

While it is not for everyone, I have found it to be much more authentic and a "home" for me and many friends I have made here. Once you understand that, you will begin to understand why many members call out BS as soon as it shows up.

There are generally two ways people handle getting called out, they can get defensive, start slinging shit around, and causing a fuss, or they can realize and admit their mistake, apologize, and try a fresh start.

Most here have messed up at one point or another, those who apologize and stick around usually do just fine.

Now it is up to you how you handle things.

And as far as the whole apologizing thing goes. I’m not. He could’ve came at me a different way. So I used that old saying with him. Treat people how you would want to be treated.

And as far as the whole apologizing thing goes. I’m not. He could’ve came at me a different way. So I used that old saying with him. Treat people how you would want to be treated.

Damn if that’s all it takes to trash your vagina I can’t imagine what would have happened if overlander would have jumped in. Let me guess, you have a shelf full of participation trophies you got just for showing you can take a creampie. Enjoy your stay here, it’s going to be entertaining no doubt.

Top Bottom