Tie rod and drag link

Bertdog

Looking to upgrade my steering linkage. I like the steinjager crossover kit. Anyone using this on their TJ? And what stabilizer are you using with it. I’m running 33’s on a 3.5” lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bertdog

Looking to upgrade my steering linkage. I like the steinjager crossover kit. Anyone using this on their TJ? And what stabilizer are you using with it. I’m running 33’s on a 3.5” lift.

trying to cure my bump steer.
I upgraded to a crown hd steering a year or so ago with a Rancho stabilizer. Still had bump steer. I upgraded the whole front end( adjustable control arms, adj. track bar, ball joints and wheel bearings) still have bump steer. So I was thinking maybe a the crossover beefy steering kit but the more I read about crossover steering the more I want to save my clams for a Currie. But is this gonna solve anything? Hate throwing darts at parts but I thought I did everything right as far as my budget was concerned.
I just got “the cure” in the mail today and installed it. Still have the bump steer. FYI I have installed all the parts myself and I have torked to specs. Here’s a pic. Is there anything visually wrong? IMG_4488.jpg

JKbrick

trying to cure my bump steer.
I upgraded to a crown hd steering a year or so ago with a Rancho stabilizer. Still had bump steer. I upgraded the whole front end( adjustable control arms, adj. track bar, ball joints and wheel bearings) still have bump steer. So I was thinking maybe a the crossover beefy steering kit but the more I read about crossover steering the more I want to save my clams for a Currie. But is this gonna solve anything? Hate throwing darts at parts but I thought I did everything right as far as my budget was concerned.
I just got “the cure” in the mail today and installed it. Still have the bump steer. FYI I have installed all the parts myself and I have torked to specs. Here’s a pic. Is there anything visually wrong? View attachment 338473

We did all that stuff to my sons TJ and I think a drop pitman arm did his the most good if I recall

Bertdog

We did all that stuff to my sons TJ and I think a drop pitman arm did his the most good if I recall

I bought one for the lift I have, rough country 6605 I didn’t install it because it looked like it would make my stabilizer hit my track bar. Do I have the wrong style track bar for my set up maybe? I have a rough country adj track bar.

JKbrick

It’s been a while since he’s had it but from what I recall on a stock TJ the tie rod from wheel to wheel was flat so that is what I tried to duplicate. It never completely went away but was very driveable in the end. I can’t remember where the stabilizer mounted honestly
Adjustments.JPG
This one

Last edited:

Bertdog

It’s been a while since he’s had it but from what I recall on a stock TJ the tie rod from wheel to wheel was flat so that is what I tried to duplicate. It never completely went away but was very driveable in the end. I can’t remember where the stabilizer mounted honestly
View attachment 338475
This one

Ya that’s one of the reasons I was looking at the crossover kits.
Can’t wait to be daydreaming instead of scanning the road for potholes

dustinfromohio

Im running a 3” lift on 32’s. Just installed the Currie correctlync and so far I love it. Extremely beefy and really tightened up my steering even without the stabilizer installed. The kit does recommend not using a drop pitman arm.

Bertdog

Im running a 3” lift on 32’s. Just installed the Currie correctlync and so far I love it. Extremely beefy and really tightened up my steering even without the stabilizer installed. The kit does recommend not using a drop pitman arm.

We’ll see what Santa brings or the tax man. Def going with the Currie. I just installed the cure and am waiting on brown Santa to deliver a OMEsd40 stabilizer. Hopefully that mellows my bump steer a bit till I get the Currie.

Bertdog

We’ll see what Santa brings or the tax man. Def going with the Currie. I just installed the cure and am waiting on brown Santa to deliver a OMEsd40 stabilizer. Hopefully that mellows my bump steer a bit till I get the Currie.

After installing ‘the cure’ and the old man emu stabilizer it drives really nice. Minimal bump steer. I will still upgrade to the correctlink soon.
Thank you all for your input IMG_4511.jpg IMG_4587.jpg

STS_TJ_02

After installing ‘the cure’ and the old man emu stabilizer it drives really nice. Minimal bump steer. I will still upgrade to the correctlink soon.
Thank you all for your input View attachment 338650 View attachment 338649

I tore out my stock steering setup and replaced it with a ZJ conversion. Basically just means all around thicker and heavier duty components. That along with a properly adjusted and mounted track bar cured by extreme death wobble.

But I am still interested in learning about the crossover steering or the over knuckle steering.

Top Bottom