Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tie rod and drag link

Tie rod and drag link

Looking to upgrade my steering linkage. I like the steinjager crossover kit. Anyone using this on their TJ? And what stabilizer are you using with it. Iím running 33ís on a 3.5Ē lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bertdog View Post
    Looking to upgrade my steering linkage. I like the steinjager crossover kit. Anyone using this on their TJ? And what stabilizer are you using with it. Iím running 33ís on a 3.5Ē lift.

trying to cure my bump steer.
    I upgraded to a crown hd steering a year or so ago with a Rancho stabilizer. Still had bump steer. I upgraded the whole front end( adjustable control arms, adj. track bar, ball joints and wheel bearings) still have bump steer. So I was thinking maybe a the crossover beefy steering kit but the more I read about crossover steering the more I want to save my clams for a Currie. But is this gonna solve anything? Hate throwing darts at parts but I thought I did everything right as far as my budget was concerned.
    I just got ďthe cureĒ in the mail today and installed it. Still have the bump steer. FYI I have installed all the parts myself and I have torked to specs. Hereís a pic. Is there anything visually wrong?IMG_4488.jpg

trying to cure my bump steer.
    I upgraded to a crown hd steering a year or so ago with a Rancho stabilizer. Still had bump steer. I upgraded the whole front end( adjustable control arms, adj. track bar, ball joints and wheel bearings) still have bump steer. So I was thinking maybe a the crossover beefy steering kit but the more I read about crossover steering the more I want to save my clams for a Currie. But is this gonna solve anything? Hate throwing darts at parts but I thought I did everything right as far as my budget was concerned.
    I just got ďthe cureĒ in the mail today and installed it. Still have the bump steer. FYI I have installed all the parts myself and I have torked to specs. Hereís a pic. Is there anything visually wrong?IMG_4488.jpg

We did all that stuff to my sons TJ and I think a drop pitman arm did his the most good if I recall

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    We did all that stuff to my sons TJ and I think a drop pitman arm did his the most good if I recall

I bought one for the lift I have, rough country 6605 I didnít install it because it looked like it would make my stabilizer hit my track bar. Do I have the wrong style track bar for my set up maybe? I have a rough country adj track bar.

I bought one for the lift I have, rough country 6605 I didnít install it because it looked like it would make my stabilizer hit my track bar. Do I have the wrong style track bar for my set up maybe? I have a rough country adj track bar.

IMG_4488.jpg

Tie rod and drag link

Itís been a while since heís had it but from what I recall on a stock TJ the tie rod from wheel to wheel was flat so that is what I tried to duplicate. It never completely went away but was very driveable in the end. I canít remember where the stabilizer mounted honestly
    Adjustments.JPG
    This one

Last edited by JKbrick; 12-04-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Itís been a while since heís had it but from what I recall on a stock TJ the tie rod from wheel to wheel was flat so that is what I tried to duplicate. It never completely went away but was very driveable in the end. I canít remember where the stabilizer mounted honestly
    Adjustments.JPG
    This one

Ya thatís one of the reasons I was looking at the crossover kits.
    Canít wait to be daydreaming instead of scanning the road for potholes

Hopefully someone can help more than me

Check out the steering kit from offroad only. It separates the drag link and tie rod. Weíve installed a few and have had positive results.

Im running a 3Ē lift on 32ís. Just installed the Currie correctlync and so far I love it. Extremely beefy and really tightened up my steering even without the stabilizer installed. The kit does recommend not using a drop pitman arm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast