Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sorry, it doesn't work like that : WAYALIFE Store Return Policy

If I make a mistake or a product I ship out is defective, I cover all costs to replace it or provide a full refund. This situation is different in that the customer bought a product and then decided to return it. That's his choice and I'll take it back but I just think it's a stretch to suggest that I should have to pay him money for something I never made. I might as well just go around giving people money for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I might as well just go around giving people money for nothing.
    You're running for Congress?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    You're running for Congress?
    Eddie for president! Make wheeling great again.

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    If I make a mistake or a product I ship out is defective, I cover all costs to replace it or provide a full refund. This situation is different in that the customer bought a product and then decided to return it. That's his choice and I'll take it back but I just think it's a stretch to suggest that I should have to pay him money for something I never made. I might as well just go around giving people money for nothing.

good thing you didn't charge a handling fee, can only imagine that email.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

Fresh Catch
    I'm actually surprised Extreme Terrain refunded the shipping costs to him. That is not typical even with the large companies. Note this policy from a company much larger than ET:
    If you are returning merchandise within 30 days from the date of receipt, and the item has not been installed, modified and is complete, you may return all or part of the order to receive a full refund for the original purchase price of the product. Original shipping, return shipping and handling costs are non-refundable. If you are returning merchandise after 31 days, a 15-30% restock fee will apply and store credit will be issued for the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by trailraider View Post
    good thing you didn't charge a handling fee, can only imagine that email.
    Yeah could have charged a restocking fee.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

In lieu of a recent email exchange that I had in regards to our WAYALIFE store and our return policy, I thought it might be a good idea to share what had happened and with the hopes of alleviating future concerns and or confusion.

A couple of weeks back, a guy named Lee Gemma placed an order for an ACM bracket but then decided that he wanted to return it. No big deal. I get the package and sent him a refund just like I said I would, minus the cost of shipping. Fast forward to today and Mr. Gemma is upset that I didn't refund him the cost of shipping. He said that he paid to have the ACM shipped back to me and that I should have to pay him for what he paid USPS to ship it out in the first place. I tried to explaining that's not how it works and we do clearly state as much in our Return Policy but he was still angry anyway.

Below is copy of our conversation...

With all that said, I just wanted to clarify that Cindy and I are NOT some kind of big online retailer like Extreme Terrain. In fact, most of what we sell, I personally make, package and ship from my kitchen table. While I wish we were huge and making tons of money, nothing could be further from the truth. We sell what we do as a way to help others and to help cover some of our costs and that's about it. Needless to say, we cannot afford to offer things like free shipping and or free returns and hope that unlike Mr. Gemma, you can be understanding of this. Of course, if our return policy seems unreasonable to you, we would encourage you to buy from another vendor.

EDIT: I should note that if a return is necessary due to a mistake that I made, a FULL refund plus the cost to ship it back would be provided.

Thank you,
    Eddie
    So yeah....I own a business....I feel your pain. As long as your sure everything is spelled out clearly in whatever agreement or contract is provided online.....rest easy. The guy could have just had a bad day and took it out on you. Loosing a customer really sucks....I know for sure......there's always a bright side though. Something was brought to light or you possibly made a change due to this occurrence. Either way.....fuck it....haha. Stick to the contract that's why you made it and dont feel bad. Really it's not your fault he possibly didn't read it anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234