The building of Bison

wjtstudios

Hooked
Should have done this years ago, but now with another major phase underway it is time.

Quick back story:

The Jeep started out as a 2015 JLUR and when straight to AEV for their JK350 package.

Dropping it off at AEV
IMG_4453.jpg

Right after I picked it up from AEV
IMG_4685.jpg

They did a great job and the quality of the parts and build were outstanding, but very quickly learned that frame down it had a long way to go. Being a daily driver, I did my best to keep the build capable, but able to drive up to my clients homes and not have it raise too many questions. After bending my front axle tube and most of my wheels bombing down dirt roads, I upgraded the axles to Fusions 44/60 front hybrid and 60 SF rear with a set of Hutchinson's and a EVO LA kit. It's been a perfect setup for me for two years and as a DD, it was great being able to go in and out of 4wd almost daily with out having to get out and lock up the hubs. But now with the Ram, the Jeeps becoming less of a daily and needs to become more capable, I.E. 40s! So here's the Plan:

Phase 1:

40X13.5X17 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Hutchinson 8x6.5 Wheels (ordered 6-8 weeks out)

Fusion 60/14 Bolt Combo (ordered 4-6 weeks out)
Fusion Elite Kingpin 60 Front Axle Assembly
- 71.25" Width
- 5.38 Gear Ratio, Super 60 10.1' Ring Gear
- ARB Locker
- 8x6.5 Bolt Pattern
- JK ABS Kit
- Yukon Locking Hubs
- 1350 Yoke
- Complete rotor-to-rotor
- Fusion 2.5 Ton Tie Rod & Drag Link

Fusion Elite 14 Bolt Rear Axle
- 70.5" Width
- 13 Bolt Shave Kit
- 5.38 Gear Ratio
- ARB Locker
- 8x6.5 Bolt Pattern
- JK ABS Kit
- 1350 Yoke
- Complete rotor-to-rotor
Rear Axle 40 Spline Upgrade

JK8 Brake booster

Nemesis Notorious Front and Rear Flares

And a whole lot of trimming. I've always like the AEV bumpers and am going to keep it, but cut down to a stubby. Something like this but with the crush cans eliminated.

Chopped AEV FRont.jpg

The back bumper is on the wait and see list. If I can clear it, I'll keep it as is for now. If not, I'll trim the two hoops and remove the water tank leaving the d-ring mounts and the center section. I'll have to remove the reserve fuel tank because of the 40" spare, but the rest should work as is.

I plan to run the 4.5" AEV springs with my 2.5" King resy shocks and start there.

Nothing like having two build going to drain every last penny!

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Well I definitely can't wait too see this build take off also. You got a lot going on. And I will keep an eye out for some parts up for sale. Lol

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
:pop2: Awesome Bill! Can't wait to see it come along! What made you go 14 bolt rear? I know we all talked about it half shitfaced at Drummond (well, some of us were :D ) but I didn't realize you were jumping on that too. Is Weebz doing the same? Now that I think about it, where's his thread?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Very cool. Did that aev package swap the engine too?

I wish, my budget ran out just getting that done. When this engine decides it’s had enough, America’s most wanted in 20 minutes from my house. I hope to pay them a visit someday.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Well I definitely can't wait too see this build take off also. You got a lot going on. And I will keep an eye out for some parts up for sale. Lol

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

For sure, too much going on. Sleeps becoming a distant memory. I’ll post up what’s going to be up for sale soon.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
:pop2: Awesome Bill! Can't wait to see it come along! What made you go 14 bolt rear? I know we all talked about it half shitfaced at Drummond (well, some of us were :D ) but I didn't realize you were jumping on that too. Is Weebz doing the same? Now that I think about it, where's his thread?

Not sure where Jeff’s thread is but this is the last damn set of axles I’m buying from Dan. Three sets in two years, I’m done so I need it to back up what ever I do to the Jeep down the road. I.E a 6.4L if I can ever swing it. Last thing I wanted to do was put a 60 FF into it just to turn around and put the 13 bolt in a year or two from now. Also the 13 bolt has a bit better clearance than the D60 and Dan really wants to get these 40 spline beasts out there so he hook us up. No yoga pants needed!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Damn Bill! Why do you have to make me feel like such slacker. Can’t wait to see this come together. Definitely very exciting. And yes, my build thread will start very shortly. Order is being initiated tomorrow. I will give my run down then as well. I’m the mean time, I’m cleaning the Jeep from a day of wheeling at AOAA. Nice park. Definitely need to get you all out this way too.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Damn Bill! Why do you have to make me feel like such slacker. Can’t wait to see this come together. Definitely very exciting. And yes, my build thread will start very shortly. Order is being initiated tomorrow. I will give my run down then as well. I’m the mean time, I’m cleaning the Jeep from a day of wheeling at AOAA. Nice park. Definitely need to get you all out this way too.

For sure, gotta take the Jeep for one more run before everything changes! Congrats on getting things ordered up!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom