Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 572

Thread: The building of Bison

  1. #481
    Nothing but a Thing 19YJ94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,167
    Looks great Bill, hope it fits in the garage! Going to have take a ride with your new setup sometime.

    Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #482
    Hooked KevinG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sudden Valley Washington
    Posts
    160
    Looking great! Congrats on the first drive with the new shoes!

    edit: Forgive me if I am talking out of my a$$ or you know what is causing it already. I don't remember what front axle you had in before, but I imagine the fusion axle has 10 degrees of separation in it. Did they align it or just get everything back in close to what it was before? Pinion might be a little high and bowing the spring...
    Last edited by KevinG; 02-15-2020 at 05:49 AM.

  3. #483
    Old Timer TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    East of St. Louis
    Posts
    2,991
    The picture may be misleading but it looks like you need longer links. Also, you may need to shorten your lower control arms to get your sway bars to clear, your axle looks too far forward. Which may help the diff cover issue also. If your looking for coilovers let me know, I may know someone selling them this time next year.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #484
    Nothing but a Thing Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,274

    The building of Bison

    Bison looks awesome!! Major improvements! Always need tweaks after something like this! Maybe in your caster adjustments you can roll the spring back some.

    Camber - caster, always get those mixed up! Age thing!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Coop; 02-15-2020 at 01:09 PM.

  5. #485
    Addict wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    7,184
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    The picture may be misleading but it looks like you need longer links. Also, you may need to shorten your lower control arms to get your sway bars to clear, your axle looks too far forward. Which may help the diff cover issue also. If your looking for coilovers let me know, I may know someone selling them this time next year.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks Alex, the links are the 4.5Ē links that came with the springs. The sway bar is sitting pretty level to the frame. I donít know if I went to longer links if it would clear the spring or not.

    Iíve got the uppers cranked back all the way and the lowers adjusted forward about 1/2-3/4Ē to get the caster into spec and to have the pinion lined up. Not much I can do there I think.

    As for the coilovers, thank you. But if I go that route, itís going to happen in the next month or two. Iíve got a lot to figure out on this next stage.

    Thanks again for the help!


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  6. #486
    Addict wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    7,184
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    Looking great! Congrats on the first drive with the new shoes!

    edit: Forgive me if I am talking out of my a$$ or you know what is causing it already. I don't remember what front axle you had in before, but I imagine the fusion axle has 10 degrees of separation in it. Did they align it or just get everything back in close to what it was before? Pinion might be a little high and bowing the spring...
    Thanks Kevin!

    The arm mounts should have been the same between the two fusion axles. I did swap between by set of 4Ē plush ride fronts back to my 4.5Ē AEV springs when we just did the swap and that could be part of the issue.

    Yes, we aligned it by hand and the they put it on a rack to double check everything. Iíve got the pinion lined up exactly where I want it. But now with the locking hubs, it is probably less of a concern. I may length the lowers a bit more and see if that helps.


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  7. #487
    Addict wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    7,184
    Quote Originally Posted by 19YJ94 View Post
    Looks great Bill, hope it fits in the garage! Going to have take a ride with your new setup sometime.

    Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app
    For sure! Weíre going to have some fun.


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  8. #488
    Addict wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    7,184
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Looks like the axles are a little too far forward. Your on the back half of the bump stops. I think you can adjust to clear it.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE
    The uppers are as short as they get. The lowers are out 1/2-3/4. The caster is good and the pinion is perfect, but I could give it a bit more by lengthening the lowers and which may rotate the spring back?? I donít know. Or just say screw it and put a set of coilovers on it and be done. It never ends.


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  9. #489
    Old Timer TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    East of St. Louis
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Thanks Alex, the links are the 4.5Ē links that came with the springs. The sway bar is sitting pretty level to the frame. I donít know if I went to longer links if it would clear the spring or not.

    Iíve got the uppers cranked back all the way and the lowers adjusted forward about 1/2-3/4Ē to get the caster into spec and to have the pinion lined up. Not much I can do there I think.

    As for the coilovers, thank you. But if I go that route, itís going to happen in the next month or two. Iíve got a lot to figure out on this next stage.

    Thanks again for the help!


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    The sway bars would be better if they were above level with a bit of an angle down towards the front. I would shorten your lowers and push your uppers out more to dial in your caster. When setting up my front end I used the lowers to center the axle and the uppers to dial in the caster.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #490
    Addict wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    7,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Bison looks awesome!! Major improvements! Always need tweaks after something like this! Maybe in your caster adjustments you can roll the spring back some.

    Camber - caster, always get those mixed up! Age thing!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I do the same 🤣 not an age thing.

    I agree, the next couple months will be all about dialing it in.


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Building the
    By TheGrendel in forum Member Jeep Builds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2017, 03:01 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2015, 11:19 PM
  3. building the little bastard
    By wilsotheboss in forum Member Jeep Builds
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 09:04 PM
  4. Looking at building a 07 JK with a 5.3L.
    By B-Ridge Sledder in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 02:21 PM
  5. PC building
    By Benito in forum The 8th Slot
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 11:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS