What Fenders?

Bigtmiller

I am building my 2017 JKU. I have 35’s but will be long to 37’s next year. I was out on Saturday wheeling and looked at my Jeep and decided I need to ditch the factory flares. So question is what should I get? I really like the metal cloak overlines, but know much about them. Any suggestions or experiences?

MericaMade

I am building my 2017 JKU. I have 35’s but will be long to 37’s next year. I was out on Saturday wheeling and looked at my Jeep and decided I need to ditch the factory flares. So question is what should I get? I really like the metal cloak overlines, but know much about them. Any suggestions or experiences?

Them some ugly fenders but that's just my opinion. Check out Evo, Genright, or MCE.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Metal fenders will not give if you hit them off road and will transfer the energy to your body causing body damage.

Cutting your fenders is free and you can style the cut to your liking.

Agree with above, Metal Cloak fenders are pretty fugly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked

I went with Nemesis. Pros: Look and fit perfect. Great craftsmanship. Con: Price:eek: 20191005_153728.jpg 20191005_153742.jpg

Last edited:

Primo82

Caught the Bug
You could trim your factories. That is free. I think it's a great look. It also takes hits better than metal ones.

jorgelrod

Hooked
MCE makes great fenders, although not cheap. I plan on cutting mine but these are a good option if I find a good deal at Jeep Beach next year.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Love the way the Nemesis look on your rig! I had been going between the Evo, Genright and Nemesis for about 7 months. I am having a hard time deciding. I cut mine shortly after the long arm/coilover and am fine with it for now. Up where we are at there's a tendency to "rub" them on stuff. Nice to have a couple extra inches before you get into the body.

front pass stuffed.jpg

kg and emma mt baker.jpg

lynne and emma.jpg

emma.jpg

edited to add a rear shot.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Cutting is free so u have nothing to lose by trying that first. Could save yourself some coin for other mods.

There’s many different ways to cut them. I had cut mine like the mce flares.

Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Which ones are those? Notorious?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yes they are. Also added Skeletos. I see you are planning going this route. you won't be disappointed. I got a little worried after I receiving them I got about 5 quotes to color match them, All around $1200.00 :eek: Ended up finding a shop that did it for $400.00. Did an awesome job. 20190607_024507.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yes they are. Also added Skeletos. I see you are planning going this route. you won't be disappointed. I got a little worried after I receiving them I got about 5 quotes to color match them, All around $1200.00 :eek: Ended up finding a shop that did it for $400.00. Did an awesome job. View attachment 338008

Thanks for the heads up. Did you have them powder coated or shot and then cleared?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Thanks for the heads up. Did you have them powder coated or shot and then cleared?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

No powder coat! Paint and clear. Shop did a great job matching. Other shops were telling me they needed to paint them on the jeep and mist them in. I'm glad I called bullshit.

schnauzer

Nemesis Odyssey flares here, 5 years wheeling with them and still holding up great.

I don’t have the Skeletos option and they held up real well.

I did add a reinforcement similar to the one metalkloak offers between the front mounting point of the front fender and the jeeps frame.

Before that, when i’d make a major whoopsie, and smack one of the corners on a tree i would end up pushing the front corner into the grill about 1 inch enough to make my grill pop out. IMG_5108.jpg

Top Bottom