Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slight Vibration in Manual Trans after installing rear adams driveshaft

Quote Originally Posted by bdubnit View Post
    Thank you guys for the replies! I will definitely remove the front driveshaft and tweak it some more to try and figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    No problem. Just so that we're clear, it could still be a shaft that's out of balance. Just trying to make sure before you start throwing money at a problem

Fresh Catch
    So quick update...

Now that i understand pinion angle a lot more i realized the front driveshaft was likely the main culprit. Disconnected it and the majority of the vibrations went away. Am now getting just a small vibration in second on decel but i think i can attribute that to the rear drive shaft pinion angle.

The crazy part is I’ve had the front on for a few years but the stock rear driveshaft must have been masking any vibrations.

Here’s a couple pics showing the rear angles. Just want to double check that this is a good spot to check the pinion’s angle?

IMG_0463.jpgIMG_0465.jpg

No the casting is not flat. You need to measure it on the pinion yolk. It looks a bit high to me but pictures are hard to tell sometimes.

As mentioned, you cannot measure pinion from the base of the housing like that. Looking at your pic, your pinion looks high. Rotate your pinion until the top of the u-joint is pointing up. Place a socket on top of it to give you more more room to work with and then place your angle finder on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    As mentioned, you cannot measure pinion from the base of the housing like that. Looking at your pic, your pinion looks high. Rotate your pinion until the top of the u-joint is pointing up. Place a socket on top of it to give you more more room to work with and then place your angle finder on top of it.
    Tips like this is why I love this forum. Using a socket as a base for my angle finder...genius!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12