Deep fried turkey

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
This’ll be my third attempt. My first attempt was a disaster, second attempt was much better. I just seasoned the whole bird with Cajun dry rub, then injected with tony chacheries creole butter injectables. Pretty simple and came out amazing. I’m pretty sure injecting the bird is critical when deep frying.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I think they taste like sh!t. Had it 4 different times, everytime, dry tasteless garbage....but Im in the restaurant industry so Im a little more opinionated lol. Rotiserrie over a fire, deboned/mojo rubbed, and 1001 other things you can do with a turkey that's better than deep frying, but if you want to try it out, why not.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I think they taste like sh!t. Had it 4 different times, everytime, dry tasteless garbage....but Im in the restaurant industry so Im a little more opinionated lol. Rotiserrie over a fire, deboned/mojo rubbed, and 1001 other things you can do with a turkey that's better than deep frying, but if you want to try it out, why not.

Yea I feel ya on that but this is what was voted on lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
This’ll be my third attempt. My first attempt was a disaster, second attempt was much better. I just seasoned the whole bird with Cajun dry rub, then injected with tony chacheries creole butter injectables. Pretty simple and came out amazing. I’m pretty sure injecting the bird is critical when deep frying.

What went wrong the first time?

Brute

Hooked

Hard to beat a turkey in the imu if you want a moist juicy bird...heading to Waimanalo tomorrow...

Attachments

• IMG_3603.jpg
    IMG_3603.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3598.jpg
    IMG_3598.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3596.jpg
    IMG_3596.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3595.jpg
    IMG_3595.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3594.jpg
    IMG_3594.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3593.jpg
    IMG_3593.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 78

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Hard to beat a turkey in the imu if you want a moist juicy bird...heading to Waimanalo tomorrow...

I’ve actually never tried that before. Was thinking about digging an imu and building a smokehouse in my backyard at some point... too many other projects going on before I can get to that though.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
We do a fried turkey almost every year. Always do a creole injection and Cajun rub, probably the exact one mentioned above lol
My personal favorite.

This year as I’m in an apt and can’t have a fryer I’m going to do the oven but with the same injection and rub. Hopefully I don’t ruin it, about 7 people are depending on it for dinner [emoji23]

Brute

Hooked
We do a fried turkey almost every year. Always do a creole injection and Cajun rub, probably the exact one mentioned above lol
My personal favorite.

This year as I’m in an apt and can’t have a fryer I’m going to do the oven but with the same injection and rub. Hopefully I don’t ruin it, about 7 people are depending on it for dinner [emoji23]

No pressure....I’d also try new recipes that you’ve never used before for all the sides...

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
No pressure....I’d also try new recipes that you’ve never used before for all the sides...

Great minds think alike, also trying a family recipe that I’ve never done for the potatoes 🤪🤞🏻🤞🏻

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

I have had it that was really good. I’ve also had it and it was very bad.

Ddays

Hooked
We've been doing them on Traeger for a few years now & won't bother with an oven bird again. They come out awesome - nice & tender. Never dry either.

Top Bottom