Jk adjustable Fox shock VS non adjustable Fox shock

It depends heavily on what you’re going to use the Jeep for. For me and the way I use my Jeep, yes they were worth it when I bought them. I have since moved on to a different shock but they too are adjustable

wjtstudios

Hooked
I second the adjustable, especially if you DD it. Keep them tight for good road manors and he loosen them up on the trail for a smoother ride.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I have them and they definitely help on a DD. Make them even nicer by getting them tuned to your Jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Bear_JT

Hooked
I have the non adjustable Fox 2.0 Performance Series and am very happy with them. I like how they perform.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I have the fox 2.0 non adjustable. I like them although they are still a bit stiffer than I’d like on the trail. I’d think getting non-adjustables from somewhere like Accutune and having them custom tuned for your Jeep would be more beneficial than having an adjuster knob.
Plus it’s only $270ish per shock total.

Frederick

I have the fox 2.0 non adjustable. I like them although they are still a bit stiffer than I’d like on the trail. I’d think getting non-adjustables from somewhere like Accutune and having them custom tuned for your Jeep would be more beneficial than having an adjuster knob.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE[/QUOTE

I think I will go for adjustables. I won't regret it. It's 130 more per shock lol.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE[/QUOTE

I think I will go for adjustables. I won't regret it. It's 130 more per shock lol.

Do yourself a favor and get your shocks from Accutune. It doesn’t cost more and will be a completely different shock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am running Bilstein 5100 with synergy springs. I feel that on the trail they are too stiff. I run 12 psi on a D load range tire. Jk 2 doors

Glad you mentioned what kind of tires you're running and how much PSI as that was going to be my next question. :)

From what I'm hearing, I'd be willing to bet 20 bucks that you'd be just as happy with set of Rancho 9000. No, they're nowhere as cool looking and don't have a fancy name and would fade bombing across the desert but I suspect you don't do a whole lot of that. I mention them only because cost appears to be a concern and you'd save a ton of money with them.

longarmwj

Glad you mentioned what kind of tires you're running and how much PSI as that was going to be my next question. :)

From what I'm hearing, I'd be willing to bet 20 bucks that you'd be just as happy with set of Rancho 9000. No, they're nowhere as cool looking and don't have a fancy name and would fade bombing across the desert but I suspect you don't do a whole lot of that. I mention them only because cost appears to be a concern and you'd save a ton of money with them.

Can vouch. I had the 9000s on the WJ. Awesome shocks and I plan on getting some for the Jk

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frederick

I agreed with the rancho 9000. Growing up we had ranchos in our grand Cherokees since 1995. They were always great. The only thing that I wish is that the 9000s were a monutube design. Also, I was looking for a remote reservoir shock to squeeze a little extra collapsed length and extended length.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agreed with the rancho 9000. Growing up we had ranchos in our grand Cherokees since 1995. They were always great. The only thing that I wish is that the 9000s were a monutube design. Also, I was looking for a remote reservoir shock to squeeze a little extra collapsed length and extended length.

But, a monotube design IS what causes a firmer/rougher ride. A more traditional hydro design IS what provides a softer and more comfortable all around ride.

Frederick

But, a monotube design IS what causes a firmer/rougher ride. A more traditional hydro design IS what provides a softer and more comfortable all around ride.
That makes sense. I do a lot of rock crawling. And I do feel that on rocky terrains I am bouncing too much with the 5100. The 9000 on position 3 or less could solve that.

Top Bottom