Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Manual trans. - Only options, leather and hard top!

Found a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Manual trans. - Only options, leather and hard top!

I think it may have been a special order vehicle where the buyer backed out. Its almost impossible to find a Gladiator Rubicon at a dealer that isn't optioned out to the moon.

I really enjoy driving manual transmissions and finding a Rubicon with a manual and not much else was like finding a unicorn. Now with that said, shortly after I purchased the manual, I rented a JL during a work trip. I was absolutely blown away at just how good that 8 speed drives. Now I don't quite regret getting the manual before driving an auto first. BUT I know now that I will not be a sad sack when I get the diesel Gladiator with that 8-speed

I am planning my build for the Gladiator. Luckily I am on a work trip for the next month or so. Perhaps some of that cool loot that was showcased at SEMA this year will hit the market by the time I get back.

Gladiator Top Off- small.jpg

Congrats on the Gladiator! Looks great!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Congrats!!

Very nice! Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I've never done it but I'm sure i'll be good at it

Found a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Manual trans. - Only options, leather and hard top!

Nice toy you got yourself

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by Andy5160; 11-28-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Fresh Catch
    Iím in the same position as you are. I love manuals but everyone says this 8 speed is awesome!! Which my wife has the 8 speed in her grand Cherokee and it really is nice. Do you regret getting the manual at all? And how are you liking it so far? I canít decide what to get.

Quote Originally Posted by jwrangler15 View Post
    Iím in the same position as you are. I love manuals but everyone says this 8 speed is awesome!! Which my wife has the 8 speed in her grand Cherokee and it really is nice. Do you regret getting the manual at all? And how are you liking it so far? I canít decide what to get.

Can't say that I regret not getting the auto as I enjoy being engaged with the vehicle when I am driving. However the 8-speed in the JL is a tremendous upgrade over the JK's auto. I put about 300 miles on a Sahara JL rental and I was blown away. The JL auto and the JK auto are almost not even on the same planet, in my opinion. The Sahara averaged 22 MPG with rental level driving applied It didn't search for gears and it always seemed to be exactly where it needed to be. The whole time I was driving the JL I kept thinking how sweet it would be in the Gladiator, off road.

The real question that needs to be answered is, if I were to go back and do it again would I get an auto? Yes, I would definitely get that auto. This is coming from someone, probably like half the folks on here, who has owned several Jeeps over the years and they have all been manuals. Shoot I even had a manual Ford Explorer and a Chevy Blazer at one time.

The manual in the Gladiator is fun to drive, it was exactly what I wanted in a manual gear box. The first gear is real low. You can idle into first gear if you wanted. It has nice positive gear engagement and the clutch engagement is right where it should be in the pedal stroke. I truly enjoy driving it, but DAMN, that 8-speed is good.

Hope that helps a bit.

Just to add to this thread, we just got back from a 1000 mile road trip with the Gladiator and it was about 90% highway in Kansas winds. This 8 speed trans is fucking badass. Our JK with 35s and 4.88s isn't even close to the comparison of the pure sexiness of this new powertrain with the automatic. We do have the 4.10s in the JT.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

WJ.
    Your the perfect one to ask. How are you guys on space? With the little ones how was that drive? Are your kids still in car seats or just boosters?

The JK is a pain in the ass with car seats. Iím also leaning towards full-size pick up again over a jt...
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    WJ.
    Your the perfect one to ask. How are you guys on space? With the little ones how was that drive? Are your kids still in car seats or just boosters?

The JK is a pain in the ass with car seats. Iím also leaning towards full-size pick up again over a jt...
    It was great. We packed everything in the bed including tools, a fridge, luggage, and a large Rubbermaid tub we had to drop off with a family member. Only thing in the cab was a couple small pillows and a fleece blanket. Kids are 9, 7, and 5. Oldest one sits in the middle with no booster because she meets all the belt requirements. Youngest sits in a booster with a back. Middle aged child has a booster with no back. They were all very comfortable. We installed a power inverter behind the rear seat so they could plug in a tablet and watch movies as needed. Being that the cab is so small, it heats up very fast. Along with that, the JT has vents for the rear passengers. Temp didn't get above 40 outside and even with a soft top, we were all really comfortable. Both my wife and I were talking about how happy we were getting this for our road trip vehicle.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast