Balancing Beads

Ddays

Hooked
Anyone one tried the balancing beads? Better than good old lead weights?

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Absolutely a waste of time. Stick with the lead. I tried them on mine as a last resort because I couldn't find anyone to balance mine. Ended up vacuuming them back out when I finally found someone who would.

Ran them in some used trash out of round tires. They “worked” in which I did not have death wobble. But they are far from ideal. And make your Jeep sound like it’s got maracas.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Spazbyt

Hooked
It's a lazy way to balance a tire. I had a truck with 35" grabbers and they wouldn't balance untill you accelerated past 50 so it would shake everytime I got on the highway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

Are these like anal beads? Cant say I've ever tried them. Cant say I've ever experimented with lead weights either though.

If I can find it, this needs go in the memorable quotes thread next to the quote about sleeved axles...

RSQCON

Not a fan of balancing beads. I used them in a set of 35" tires on my truck. I tow a handful of times during the year and would adjust my tire pressures accordingly. My compressor at home does not have an air dryer on it and found that the condensation from airing up my tires was being absorbed by the balancing beads and they were clumping together. I now run Centramatic wheel balancers on that same truck and they work great.

Braxtonsag

I have 20 oz of them brand new in packaging plus filtered valve cores I’ll sell you dirt cheap if you wanna try em out lol. I just went with conventional balancing

Bush450

I used them in a set of nitto 37’s. The lil bag it said to toss in there clumped some of them up together. Never could get them to balance pulled them off. I did it I guess “out of laziness” because it seems like every 15-20k I have to have them re balanced. Ripping off lugs and cupping all the stuff that being hard on tires does changes. I think the go to is to line up the dots and throw em on. It seems like the lead doesn’t work as well on 37’s and above due to distance between the two.

midnightmods

Ran them at the same time on 3 JK's, 35's, and other 2x 37s.

Took a few 100km's before they settled in but have done around 30,000k on my nitto 35's with them and have been problem free.
however the other guys jk which had used tires didnt like them so much.

I am trying them again on 37's with methods, Ill report back in 6 months and see

Ddays

Hooked
Took a few 100km's before they settled in but have done around 30,000k on my nitto 35's with them and have been problem free

:thinking: There is nothing in these that would make them "settle in" They are literally thousands of plastic beads rolling around in your tire. I would expect them to be problem free
because they don't do anything.

I am trying them again on 37's with methods, Ill report back in 6 months and see

It shouldn't take 6 months to tell that they don't work. You'll know within the first drive.

You should really just take them somewhere and get them balanced on a machine. They'll last a lot longer too. :thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
:thinking: There is nothing in these that would make them "settle in" They are literally thousands of plastic beads rolling around in your tire. I would expect them to be problem free

It shouldn't take 6 months to tell that they don't work. You'll know within the first drive.

You should really just take them somewhere and get them balanced on a machine. They'll last a lot longer too. :thumb:

^ This. How exactly do beads settle in?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

midnightmods

it takes 6 months for parts to arrive from the usa to finish my build so I can report back for some interwebz bashing

Top Bottom