Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Deal or no deal?

Deal or no deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Gray area. Say you have a 2015 JKU and did this. So long as they engine in it meets the same or better emissions as the engine that was originally designed and produced for that vehicle, then I believe it doesnít matter. Thatís the straight forward answer and the most logical. Does this apply in California? Iím about 99% sure it does not because you know, the atmosphere can tell the difference between the engine that was in it before and the one thatís in it now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    In Nevada, emissions requirement vary substantially by county. Eddie and I live about 20 minutes away from each other but in two different counties. In my county, getting engine swaps (of any kind) approved is hit and miss and that includes Motech swaps. I donít think you could get a stand alone setup approved here.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    In Nevada, emissions requirement vary substantially by county. Eddie and I live about 20 minutes away from each other but in two different counties. In my county, getting engine swaps (of any kind) approved is hit and miss and that includes Motech swaps. I donít think you could get a stand alone setup approved here.

Its not different here, or at least itís suppose to be similar. It really all depends on what county youíre in and the guy doing the inspection. For the $7.50 they charge you either get a guy that doesnít give a shit or a hero that loves his job. Itís pretty ridiculous too considering you can actually improve the emissions of the vehicle with an engine swap.

Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post

Same here in New Mexico. My in-laws live about 25 minutes from me and in their county they do not have emissions testing requirements at all. We have to do it every two years on vehicles registered in ours.

"all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456