Canadian Jeep in the US?

ken31756

I'm looking at buying a used 2018 JL that was built at the Toledo plant and delivered to British Columbia Canada new.
Since then it was sold to a Off Road shop in the US.
The vehicle history reports states at the time of that sale:
"Vehicle imported and declared to meet US highway safety specifications"
and further goes on to show:
"Title issued or updated. Dealer took title of this vehicle while it was in inventory. Titled or registered as personal vehicle."

So I don't think I should any problems purchasing it and getting it titled here in the US.

When the manufacturer builds it originally for Canada the window stickers states:
" This Vehicle Is Manufactured To Meet Specific Canadian Requirements.
This Vehicle Is Not Manufactured For Sale Or Registration Outside Of Canada."

My question is what is the difference between a Jeep built for Canada vs the US???

JKbrick

I don’t think you will get recalls or warranty work done here? I know a guy with a Canadian Jeep and he can’t get it fixed here under warranty is what he told me

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If the dealer already did the import paperwork it’s got a us title now. Just learn to read km/h

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
The speedometer should be converted over, probably has DRL's and other minor differences. But if it was already brought down to the US and titled there shouldn't be any problems.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Midnsped

I have a Canadian Jeep that I bought used from a dealer in AZ. I have had no issues with registration in multiple states (AZ and FL). I get recall notices from FCA. I had one warranty issue (stupid radio), but I was outside the 3 year period. The dealer did not indicate any issues due to manufacturing specs for America’s funny hat (Canada). Speedo is in mph and kph. The only reason I noticed it was different was the temp gauge was in Celsius. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom