Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gladiator JT Truck bed cargo courtesy lights timing

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    How about with the engine running? I know it’s not ideal especially if parked inside. Just seems silly to have all the lights if they are useless like that.
    I'll check that next time I'm messing with it.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Even with tailgate open and bed light switch on, they still turned off after a very short time. I even made sure the key fob was in the driver's seat.
    Oh man I will have to check that out on mine when I get back home. You would assume it would just stay on until you turned it off... how silly of us to assume such a thing.
    "Life is hard. But its even harder when you're stupid."
    I thought it was a John Wayne quote, but the internets says it aint.

I didn't check all models... but is there not a switch on the light panel in the box to turn these on as well? On the bed light panel... I thought there was... I'll have to go check mine lol.
    God's area code is 406!
    PastorJohnMontana

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
    I didn't check all models... but is there not a switch on the light panel in the box to turn these on as well? On the bed light panel... I thought there was... I'll have to go check mine lol.
    No switch inside of mine that I'm aware of. And I pulled everything when I bed-lined it. Only electrical back there is in the tailgate itself for the lock/latch and backup camera. Models that have the inverter would have power in the bed but no switch.

IMG_20191013_140345_078.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    I’m sure it’s just a matter of time until a programmer has the ability to change the preset time. Just a quick change to the code. If your happy with their output I would personally wire them to an auxiliary button for a basic on / off function but I get why you wouldn’t want to start playing with a brand new vehicles harness.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yep... I checked mine... nothing LOL! The owners manual (which I took the time to ready briefly) … does say there is a switch in the box for the bed lamps... somehow I think I got it in my head that there was a way to turn them on in the bed from that... and never really looked. Must be like the trailer brake lol!
    God's area code is 406!
    PastorJohnMontana

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar

Gladiator JT Truck bed cargo courtesy lights timing

Just out of curiosity does it act differently with the door unplugged/ off instead of just open

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12