Gladiator JT Truck bed cargo courtesy lights timing

WJCO

Meme King
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to make the bed lights stay on longer? I love the feature itself but I can barely do a damn thing back there at night before the lights turn off. Can a tazer or similar fix this?

jesse3638

Hooked
There isn't a switch to turn the cargo lights on? I remember my old truck had one. I actually got pulled over by a CHP for unknowingly driving with them on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The GMC does that it’s annoying as hell, I have to leave a door open [emoji107]

Even with a door open, they shut off after about 10-15 seconds. Fun packing a truck in the dark with that constant interruption.

There isn't a switch to turn the cargo lights on? I remember my old truck had one. I actually got pulled over by a CHP for unknowingly driving with them on.

Good point. I'll have to check. My old F150 had a switch as well.

They don’t say on the website but I bet you could program a Tazer in Light Show Mode to leave it on.

Sure looks like it. I'll be getting one once I switch tires regardless.

Did you not get the extra auxiliary buttons? Led lights are cheap and I’m sure could light up a lot better than the stock one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

twopullupeddie

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to make the bed lights stay on longer? I love the feature itself but I can barely do a damn thing back there at night before the lights turn off. Can a tazer or similar fix this?

The bottom half of the headlight switch should be the bed light switch.

IMG_20191201_065006_252.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
Did you not get the extra auxiliary buttons? Led lights are cheap and I’m sure could light up a lot better than the stock one.

I have the switches. But honestly the output of the lights is great. Just wished they stayed on longer.

The bottom half of the headlight switch should be the bed light switch.

Just tried that. It works, however they only stay on with a door open. With the door closed, they shut off. I'm going to recheck it by leaving the tailgate open but I can't with where it's parked right now. I'll look at it later.

I also rolled the interior light switch up all the way which forces the interior lights to stay on and with the interior lights on constantly, the bed lights don't even come on at all.

WJCO

Meme King
Even with tailgate open and bed light switch on, they still turned off after a very short time. I even made sure the key fob was in the driver's seat.

How about with the engine running? I know it’s not ideal especially if parked inside. Just seems silly to have all the lights if they are useless like that.

twopullupeddie

Even with tailgate open and bed light switch on, they still turned off after a very short time. I even made sure the key fob was in the driver's seat.

Oh man I will have to check that out on mine when I get back home. You would assume it would just stay on until you turned it off... how silly of us to assume such a thing.

sunnysideup

I didn't check all models... but is there not a switch on the light panel in the box to turn these on as well? On the bed light panel... I thought there was... I'll have to go check mine lol.

WJCO

Meme King
I didn't check all models... but is there not a switch on the light panel in the box to turn these on as well? On the bed light panel... I thought there was... I'll have to go check mine lol.

No switch inside of mine that I'm aware of. And I pulled everything when I bed-lined it. Only electrical back there is in the tailgate itself for the lock/latch and backup camera. Models that have the inverter would have power in the bed but no switch.

IMG_20191013_140345_078.jpg

I’m sure it’s just a matter of time until a programmer has the ability to change the preset time. Just a quick change to the code. If your happy with their output I would personally wire them to an auxiliary button for a basic on / off function but I get why you wouldn’t want to start playing with a brand new vehicles harness.

sunnysideup

Yep... I checked mine... nothing LOL! The owners manual (which I took the time to ready briefly) … does say there is a switch in the box for the bed lamps... somehow I think I got it in my head that there was a way to turn them on in the bed from that... and never really looked. Must be like the trailer brake lol!

Just out of curiosity does it act differently with the door unplugged/ off instead of just open

WJCO

Meme King
So as of now, I figured out somewhat of a solution. I just realized this last night and feel stupid for overlooking it. If the key fob is accessible, once the unlock button is pushed, the bed lights come back on. It's still not 100% ideal but at least if you have the fob nearby, that's an option to get the bed lights back on. Unloading groceries last night, I had to hit the button 3 times but at least I had light.

Top Bottom