Tire chains

robx251

Caught the Bug
I was wondering if anyone else uses or has used tire chains on their jeep. Just used a set this week going into camp 5 miles in an unplowed dirt road. We just got a foot of wet snow on an ice base. I had never used any on my jeep before but had used some on my atv in the past. Amazed how much of a difference they make.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Yes I have chains and have used them when the snow gets deep or it’s icy (or icy under the snow). The Jeep is like a tractor with them. But chains large enough for 37s are heavy as hell and take up space.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I also have a set for my 37's.. I've only ran across one time I needed them to get home. Chp wouldn't let me through without them... of course I didn't have them then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dale72

Hooked
:cheesy: I was just about to say that I have NEVER used chains on any of my Jeeps... EVER.
If the roads are bad enough that you have to put tire chains on well my ass is going to be sitting in a truck stop somewhere until I can move again. My life is worth a hell of a lot more than the fright I'm hauling

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
I’ve never run chains on any of my Jeeps. On an older 2wd truck we had they helped a lot but the Jeeps have never needed them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I had a pair and returned them. Don’t need them with mud terrain tires and 4 wheel drive.

smmiliotti

I used to have chains that didn't fit, but I would carry them so that when CHP asked if I had chains I could show them I did. Luckily they never made me put them on and I never needed them!

Funny, that's what I thought... until the chp said if you want to pass you have to put chains on...

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

You guys trying to drive the Alaskan ice roads or the coquahala? (I watch too much tv)
Seriously though I’ve never heard of stateside roads being forced modified 4x4s to chain up. Entire road closures I’ve seen but never a “you got chains?”

DMF

Sorry jumping in on your thread op but would you guys consider having chains if your Jeep was stock?

Sorry jumping in on your thread op but would you guys consider having chains if your Jeep was stock?

You climbing any mountains? Unless you’re running highway tires and feel like jumping into two feet of snow I wouldn’t.

Top Bottom