Cracked radiator

JKEmmy

Hey everyone, I'm sure there's a thread already but as products change and people have new experiences I like to hear the latest and greatest. I'm going to need a new radiator. Mine is leaking on the driver side bottom where the plastic housing meets the metal radiator. Any suggestions on a replacement? Or a fix? I've heard people having trouble with the all aluminum radiators cracking as well, to rigid. But I'd like an upgrade if I'm buying anyways. Thanks! Hope all the turkey days were good.

Hey everyone, I'm sure there's a thread already but as products change and people have new experiences I like to hear the latest and greatest. I'm going to need a new radiator. Mine is leaking on the driver side bottom where the plastic housing meets the metal radiator. Any suggestions on a replacement? Or a fix? I've heard people having trouble with the all aluminum radiators cracking as well, to rigid. But I'd like an upgrade if I'm buying anyways. Thanks! Hope all the turkey days were good.

I will echo what Eddie said. I’ve gone through two radiators on my 2014 JK. Granted it’s got nearly 175k on it now but, the first radiator lasted me nearly 115k. I tried an aftermarket aluminum has that was all I could get in the time I needed it and I had issues within the first 15,000 miles. Swapped it back for an OEM radiator and with zero issue. Just stick with OE

wjtstudios

Hooked
I will echo what Eddie said. I’ve gone through two radiators on my 2014 JK. Granted it’s got nearly 175k on it now but, the first radiator lasted me nearly 115k. I tried an aftermarket aluminum has that was all I could get in the time I needed it and I had issues within the first 15,000 miles. Swapped it back for an OEM radiator and with zero issue. Just stick with OE

Damn you’ve racked up the miles on your JK!

Completely agree, OE is the way to go.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

Good info. Thanks for testing out aluminum for us...:thumb:

JKEmmy

Thanks everyone, I've been hearing the same thing.....oem the way to go. Just wanted to hear it from the WAL family.

Top Bottom