Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best way to install an ARB Twin in a 2dr JK.

Fresh Catch

Best way to install an ARB Twin in a 2dr JK.

Hey everyone.

I picked up a new ARB Twin compressor for $350 today. Since I'm waiting for it to ship/be delivered, I wanted to get some advice on the best way to install this in my 2dr JK.

I've seen under hood mounts, but I think I want to keep it in the cabin and away from the environment / engine.

I stumbled across Innovative JK's under passenger seat mount and distribution system, but that's almost another $200 I'd rather not spend if I don't have to. While it would be cool to air up all 4 at once, I'm practical enough to do one at a time

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by '18 WIllysW; 12-01-2019 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by '18 WIllysW View Post
    Hey everyone.

0ivked up a new ARB Twin compressor for $350 today. Since I'm waiting for it to ship/be delivered, I wanted to get some advice on the best way to install this in my 2dr JK.

I've seen under hood mounts, but I think I want to keep it in the cabin and away from the environment / engine.

I stumbled across Innovative JK's under passenger seat mount and distribution system, but that's almost another $200 I'd rather not spend if I don't have to. While it would be cool to air up all 4 at once, I'm practical enough to do one at a time

I just ordered their under seat mount for under the passenger seat, with out the 4 tire setup, just the mount for $60. Iíll be installing it next week.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar

Best way to install an ARB Twin in a 2dr JK.

I know you mentioned staying away from under the hood but Iíve been super happy with that location now for about two years. Stays cleaner than youíd think and it doesnít get as hot as you might think also. Not saying in the cabin is a bad place. But a couple things to consider...
    Itís loud... like LOUD. Also airing up in shitty weather can be an issue if you have passengers and you have to leave a door or window open. Unless of course you run a line to a hookup elsewhere outside the Jeep. The other thing is if you are using it to run lockers, the solenoids purge air when you turn them off which can cause some gear oil to vent with it. Just some considerations before you commit to inside the cab.

Can you weld? In that case, you can build whatever you'd like.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

^^^completely agree with this^^^.

Mines been under the hood for 4 years and it keeps the noise way down. I did sheer both piston bolts last year, all that I can figure is it ingested salt or dust over time and caused the failure. ARB stood behind it and sent me two new motors to fix the problem. Otherwise, itís been great. Iím relocating mine to the passenger seat because I need to install a JK8 brake booster because of larger axles and brakes and you canít run an under the hood mount with that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Mine is under the seat in Brick, it fit really well and I only use it to air tires so the noise is inside when Iím outside. Mine is on a CMM mount

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I just ordered their under seat mount for under the passenger seat, with out the 4 tire setup, just the mount for $60. Iíll be installing it next week.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    This is what I got for my future Jeep plus the ARB coupling bracket

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    ^^^completely agree with this^^^.

Mines been under the hood for 4 years and it keeps the noise way down. I did sheer both piston bolts last year, all that I can figure is it ingested salt or dust over time and caused the failure. ARB stood behind it and sent me two new motors to fix the problem. Otherwise, it’s been great. I’m relocating mine to the passenger seat because I need to install a JK8 brake booster because of larger axles and brakes and you can’t run an under the hood mount with that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Oh I am glad I saw this. I got my hands on a single ARB and was looking to mount this under the hood but have plans for the brakes as well.
    Last edited by MericaMade; 12-02-2019 at 02:57 AM.

I have the innovative JK under seat ARB dual mount and their air down system. I am quite happy with it. Very easy to use, fast and tire pressure is automatically balanced airing down or up. A very complete kit and good instructions, requires trimming some of the plastic facia on the side of the both front seats to accommodate the quick connect fittings. Well worth the price I think compared to some of the other options. If your dog is bothered by the noise of the pump inside the Jeep when airing up then this may not be the solution you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by '18 WIllysW View Post
    Hey everyone.

I picked up a new ARB Twin compressor for $350 today. Since I'm waiting for it to ship/be delivered, I wanted to get some advice on the best way to install this in my 2dr JK.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Wow, thanks everyone. There's a lot to unpack.

Thered a few things now leading me to install underhood:

my 2 door has tumble seats. Looking at the CMM mount it specifically says it doesn't work with tumble seats. I'm not sure if other mounts have the same restriction.

I do have a dog (and a wife) I doubt either would be happy with the compressor running on the interior.

I appreciate all the feedback / guidance!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast