Best way to install an ARB Twin in a 2dr JK.

Hey everyone.

I picked up a new ARB Twin compressor for $350 today. Since I'm waiting for it to ship/be delivered, I wanted to get some advice on the best way to install this in my 2dr JK.

I've seen under hood mounts, but I think I want to keep it in the cabin and away from the environment / engine.

I stumbled across Innovative JK's under passenger seat mount and distribution system, but that's almost another $200 I'd rather not spend if I don't have to. While it would be cool to air up all 4 at once, I'm practical enough to do one at a time [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Hey everyone.

0ivked up a new ARB Twin compressor for $350 today. Since I'm waiting for it to ship/be delivered, I wanted to get some advice on the best way to install this in my 2dr JK.

I've seen under hood mounts, but I think I want to keep it in the cabin and away from the environment / engine.

I stumbled across Innovative JK's under passenger seat mount and distribution system, but that's almost another $200 I'd rather not spend if I don't have to. While it would be cool to air up all 4 at once, I'm practical enough to do one at a time [emoji14]

I just ordered their under seat mount for under the passenger seat, with out the 4 tire setup, just the mount for $60. I’ll be installing it next week.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I know you mentioned staying away from under the hood but I’ve been super happy with that location now for about two years. Stays cleaner than you’d think and it doesn’t get as hot as you might think also. Not saying in the cabin is a bad place. But a couple things to consider...
It’s loud... like LOUD. Also airing up in shitty weather can be an issue if you have passengers and you have to leave a door or window open. Unless of course you run a line to a hookup elsewhere outside the Jeep. The other thing is if you are using it to run lockers, the solenoids purge air when you turn them off which can cause some gear oil to vent with it. Just some considerations before you commit to inside the cab.

wjtstudios

Hooked
^^^completely agree with this^^^.

Mines been under the hood for 4 years and it keeps the noise way down. I did sheer both piston bolts last year, all that I can figure is it ingested salt or dust over time and caused the failure. ARB stood behind it and sent me two new motors to fix the problem. Otherwise, it’s been great. I’m relocating mine to the passenger seat because I need to install a JK8 brake booster because of larger axles and brakes and you can’t run an under the hood mount with that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

Mine is under the seat in Brick, it fit really well and I only use it to air tires so the noise is inside when I’m outside. Mine is on a CMM mount

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
I just ordered their under seat mount for under the passenger seat, with out the 4 tire setup, just the mount for $60. I’ll be installing it next week.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

This is what I got for my future Jeep plus the ARB coupling bracket

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

MericaMade

^^^completely agree with this^^^.

Mines been under the hood for 4 years and it keeps the noise way down. I did sheer both piston bolts last year, all that I can figure is it ingested salt or dust over time and caused the failure. ARB stood behind it and sent me two new motors to fix the problem. Otherwise, it’s been great. I’m relocating mine to the passenger seat because I need to install a JK8 brake booster because of larger axles and brakes and you can’t run an under the hood mount with that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Oh I am glad I saw this. I got my hands on a single ARB and was looking to mount this under the hood but have plans for the brakes as well.

Last edited:

rubiDave

I have the innovative JK under seat ARB dual mount and their air down system. I am quite happy with it. Very easy to use, fast and tire pressure is automatically balanced airing down or up. A very complete kit and good instructions, requires trimming some of the plastic facia on the side of the both front seats to accommodate the quick connect fittings. Well worth the price I think compared to some of the other options. If your dog is bothered by the noise of the pump inside the Jeep when airing up then this may not be the solution you want.
Hey everyone.

I picked up a new ARB Twin compressor for $350 today. Since I'm waiting for it to ship/be delivered, I wanted to get some advice on the best way to install this in my 2dr JK.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow, thanks everyone. There's a lot to unpack.

Thered a few things now leading me to install underhood:

my 2 door has tumble seats. Looking at the CMM mount it specifically says it doesn't work with tumble seats. I'm not sure if other mounts have the same restriction.

I do have a dog (and a wife) I doubt either would be happy with the compressor running on the interior.

I appreciate all the feedback / guidance!

MericaMade

Wow, thanks everyone. There's a lot to unpack.

Thered a few things now leading me to install underhood:

my 2 door has tumble seats. Looking at the CMM mount it specifically says it doesn't work with tumble seats. I'm not sure if other mounts have the same restriction.

I do have a dog (and a wife) I doubt either would be happy with the compressor running on the interior.

I appreciate all the feedback / guidance!

After looking at a few of these bracket I think a DIY with L brackets would work the same under the seat. Hmmmmmm:hmm:

JJ151

Originally had my Twin ARB compressor mounted under the hood with a MORE bracket. Really liked this setup as I use for air up of tires and lockers. However, I burned up both compressors which were warrantied by ARB. Have since relocated to rear fender well using MORE bracket that fits between the hard top and rail using existing top mounting holes. No more overheating but as said in previous posts it is pretty loud.

MericaMade

Originally had my Twin ARB compressor mounted under the hood with a MORE bracket. Really liked this setup as I use for air up of tires and lockers. However, I burned up both compressors which were warrantied by ARB. Have since relocated to rear fender well using MORE bracket that fits between the hard top and rail using existing top mounting holes. No more overheating but as said in previous posts it is pretty loud.

Can you post up a picture of this?

I think I made a terrible mistake.
This is a 24v Compressor! I didn't even know / think this was a thing until I went looking at ARB's site for more information on what's in the kit.

Andy5160

Hooked
The price was too good to be true when I saw your first post even for Black Friday. Good luck with figuring it out.

The price was too good to be true when I saw your first post even for Black Friday. Good luck with figuring it out.

Ugh. I know, right! "if it's too good to be true, it probably is."
Where did you purchase it?

A seller on ebay. It hasn't shipped yet, and he's been responsive via ebay messages. He runs a store and is checking if they can get a 12v to ship me. Otherwise, we'll cancel the order before he ships.

JKbrick

Ugh. I know, right! "if it's too good to be true, it probably is."A seller on ebay. It hasn't shipped yet, and he's been responsive via ebay messages. He runs a store and is checking if they can get a 12v to ship me. Otherwise, we'll cancel the order before he ships.

Good at least he’s not being a dick about it

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Most under the seat mounts don’t work on a 2 door because of the tumble seat. Hinrich has some super off brand one that worked in his old 2 door. I would check out his old build thread to see if it’s in there.

I personally have had my twin under my hood of my 2011 for the past 5 years with no issues. I am using the M.O.R.E mount which locates it next to the brake booster.

Top Bottom