Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are evo King 2.0 spec worth it?

Fresh Catch
    I dont understand why king doesn't offer the option to make them rust prof. They would obviously sell more shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy127 View Post
    I dont understand why king doesn't offer the option to make them rust prof. They would obviously sell more shocks.
    King does offer anodizing but it's more of an appearance option than it is a "weather-proofing" or protectant coating. Hard coat anodizing does offer this but it's a little different process and probably one that they aren't equipped for. There are ways to minimize the corrosion, but any coating eventually wears off. I had decent luck constantly spraying mine with WD-40 corrosion inhibitor as it clings pretty well. Staying out of the salt is the only real long-term solution and frankly I wouldn't have taken the step of moving to coilovers if mine was a DD.

Very interesting thread. I'd been considering Kings on my build. But I'll probably go with Rancho 9000's. I can toss them and buy new when the rust gets bad.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234