Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 37's

Been Around the Block tonytony9's Avatar

37's

Upgrading tires in the next few months. I've got upgraded ball joints, universal joins, tie rods, drags, stabilizer, new fox 2.5 inch suspension & leveling kit, I'll regear also. Stock JKU sport axles.

I have been considering 35's but I know I will regret it and only want to go bigger. This is my DD with mild trail rides for camping/hunting. Can I get some tire recommendations which are best for DD. Looking for bead locks also, cause screw it. I have heard I can actually save some weight .

Is it a waste, probably.
    Last edited by tonytony9; 12-02-2019 at 03:55 AM.

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar

37's

Well Iím sure you know youíll get the ďshouldnít run 37ís on D30ís etcĒ so I will skip that part. I too started with a sport and went 35ís then 37ís but I also had saved and was able to do an axle upgrade at the same time. That being said. Youíve got the minimums covered if you are going to run that combo minus some C-gussets and sleeves. (Again youíll likely get the ďdonít waste money building a D30Ē comments also and they arenít wrong. Since you seem to know what your limitations are and have an idea of what you use your Jeep for I think you will be okay with something along lines of a Nitto ridge grappler. BFG KO2 or something along those lines. I havenít shopped for a DD specific off-road tire in a long time so forgive me if I missed some other good options. Toyo makes a good tire also. But for the money and wanting a good DD tire that is super capable off-road also Iíd look at the Ridge grappler and leave it at that. Good luck

Nothing but a Thing Shadow's_Jeep's Avatar
    37" tires is really pushing in on the D30 axle.

09 JKU WRANGLER (Flame Red )
    19 JL WRANGLER (Bikini Blue)
    Jeepers Creepers - 09 JK Unlimited X Flame Red
    Rough Country 2.5" Coil Lift kit.
    Meeko- 19 JL Sport Bikini Pearl

Why would you want/need more than 35s in New Jersey? Plus you said you're regearing....Lower gears on a Dana 30 to accommodate for 37s on a daily driver is not wise.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Daily driver + mild trails + stock axles...stick with 35ís...you can go pretty much everywhere you normally go...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Daily driver + mild trails + stock axles...stick with 35ís...you can go pretty much everywhere you normally go...
    ^^^ this is the answer youíre really looking for.

Donít underestimate 35ís... they can take you to some pretty cool places.

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_4518_Original.jpgIMG_4525_Original.jpg

Iíll add to the pro 35ís club. Our good friend on 35ís and a 3.5Ē kit did very well on the Rubicon this past September. Ignore the ratchet straps holding the track bar bracket on. He broke that in an unrelated issue. But never at any point was he at a disadvantage on 35ís over us on 37ís. And in fact, being that he couldnít navigate around most of the big boulders coming into Rubicon springs because of the broken track bar bracket he had to go over most of them and on smaller tires. So yeah... 35ís will take you places.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Donít underestimate 35ís... they can take you to some pretty cool places.

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg
    Especially if you have a buddy with a 2 door to drag you up.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Especially if you have a buddy with a 2 door to drag you up.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Yeah... that helps too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast