37's

tonytony9

Upgrading tires in the next few months. I've got upgraded ball joints, universal joins, tie rods, drags, stabilizer, new fox 2.5 inch suspension & leveling kit, I'll regear also. Stock JKU sport axles.

I have been considering 35's but I know I will regret it and only want to go bigger. This is my DD with mild trail rides for camping/hunting. Can I get some tire recommendations which are best for DD. Looking for bead locks also, cause screw it. I have heard I can actually save some weight :brows: .

Is it a waste, probably.

Last edited:
Well I’m sure you know you’ll get the “shouldn’t run 37’s on D30’s etc” so I will skip that part. I too started with a sport and went 35’s then 37’s but I also had saved and was able to do an axle upgrade at the same time. That being said. You’ve got the minimums covered if you are going to run that combo minus some C-gussets and sleeves. (Again you’ll likely get the “don’t waste money building a D30” comments also and they aren’t wrong. Since you seem to know what your limitations are and have an idea of what you use your Jeep for I think you will be okay with something along lines of a Nitto ridge grappler. BFG KO2 or something along those lines. I haven’t shopped for a DD specific off-road tire in a long time so forgive me if I missed some other good options. Toyo makes a good tire also. But for the money and wanting a good DD tire that is super capable off-road also I’d look at the Ridge grappler and leave it at that. Good luck

WJCO

Meme King
Why would you want/need more than 35s in New Jersey? Plus you said you're regearing....Lower gears on a Dana 30 to accommodate for 37s on a daily driver is not wise.

Brute

Hooked
Daily driver + mild trails + stock axles...stick with 35’s...you can go pretty much everywhere you normally go...

IMG_4518_Original.jpg IMG_4525_Original.jpg

I’ll add to the pro 35’s club. Our good friend on 35’s and a 3.5” kit did very well on the Rubicon this past September. Ignore the ratchet straps holding the track bar bracket on. He broke that in an unrelated issue. But never at any point was he at a disadvantage on 35’s over us on 37’s. And in fact, being that he couldn’t navigate around most of the big boulders coming into Rubicon springs because of the broken track bar bracket he had to go over most of them and on smaller tires. So yeah... 35’s will take you places.

BaddestCross

Haha called out . “35s.. for when you want to get bailed out by your buddy on 37s”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Eh... I think the first time I dragged him I was still in 35s too, that's why I specified a 2 door.

I'll quit before all the guys that have dragged me start piping up. [emoji23][emoji23]

To the point of the thread, though, 35s are really capable and do make you a better driver when it comes to picking lines, etc. 37s are a big investment to do it right. Especially if you have a D30.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Eh... I think the first time I dragged him I was still in 35s too, that's why I specified a 2 door.

I'll quit before all the guys that have dragged me start piping up. [emoji23][emoji23]

To the point of the thread, though, 35s are really capable and do make you a better driver when it comes to picking lines, etc. 37s are a big investment to do it right. Especially if you have a D30.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Too late... Brute where you at

Top Bottom