JL JOURNAL : Synergy Front Track Bar Reinforcement & Sector Shaft Brace INSTALL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In a quest to find the source of his death wobble, doubletapdaddy here on WAYALIFE.com filmed and posted up an interesting video clip and in it, you can clearly see his steering box pulling away from the frame rail and moving back in again as he turns his steering wheel to the left and to the right. And, while I'm reluctant to say that this is the cause of his death wobble, I will say that it can't be helping anything. Fortunately, Synergy has a solution for this movement and it's with their all new track bar reinforcement bracket/sector shaft brace. This thing is designed well, seriously beefy and you can be sure that once installed, any deflection you might be seeing in this area, will be a thing of the past. We hope that you find this installation video to be both informative and helpful to you.

42mm Socket https://amzn.to/2DCcM1N
Socket Adapter https://amzn.to/2P2HjLE
Impact Wrench https://amzn.to/2Ycl1Lr
TEKTON Tools: http://bit.ly/2xdl2Cu

ADDENDUM: I spoke with Synergy after posting up this video and was told that they now have new instructions and in them, they recommend that you apply blue loctite on the two bolts that secure the sector shaft brace to the track bar reinforcement bracket.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Andy5160

Hooked
Really cool part. Surprised no other aftermarket guys came out with it.
It seems it got colder towards the end of the video[emoji23][emoji23]
This part on my list indeed

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20191202204002-f53681d9-me.jpg

longarmwj

It’s for sure good reassurance that there will be no movement. Like you said, even if yours doesn’t have it, a little bit of extra Made in the USA strength never hurt anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That thing looks beefy! Good video thanks!

It really is. Glad you liked the video :cool:

Really cool part. Surprised no other aftermarket guys came out with it.
It seems it got colder towards the end of the video[emoji23][emoji23]
This part on my list indeed

LOL - yes, it got a LOT colder and this winter shit sucks! :icon_crazy:

We’ve been installing a lot of these and the feedback has been very positive.

Awesome! I can only see it helping things out.

Have you been sick? Lol

LOL - you could tell? yeah, been sick as a dog. Really makes it tough to work outside in the cold too. :icon_crazy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s for sure good reassurance that there will be no movement. Like you said, even if yours doesn’t have it, a little bit of extra Made in the USA strength never hurt anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exactly. I'd be lying if I said this was something I needed but I am glad to have it. :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It really is. Glad you liked the video :cool:

LOL - yes, it got a LOT colder and this winter shit sucks! :icon_crazy:

Awesome! I can only see it helping things out.

LOL - you could tell? yeah, been sick as a dog. Really makes it tough to work outside in the cold too. :icon_crazy:

You did a pretty good job of hiding it. Could tell in your voice and you weren’t as chipper as you normally are. Lol

Sucks you got sick. Seems everyone I know has been sick. Shitty time for it too with the fun weather you guys had come through.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Winter has arrived! Still mind boggled with doubletapsaddy’s video, crazy. Definitely a mod worth doing even with out the steering gear moving, it really reinforces the track bar.

Awesome video, I see a heater in your future!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

Nice video and awesome timing Eddie. I Just ordered one of these from Bubba for my buddies JL. Side question and little off topic and I only ask because I saw your Synergy tie rod. Can you use the factory steering stabilizer clamp with the Synergy tie rod?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You did a pretty good job of hiding it. Could tell in your voice and you weren’t as chipper as you normally are. Lol

Sucks you got sick. Seems everyone I know has been sick. Shitty time for it too with the fun weather you guys had come through.

:cheesy: Scary that you actually know me so well :crazyeyes:

Yeah, Cindy got it first and I thought for sure I was gonna miss it and then bam - it hit me just before we did this install. Totally sucked. Everyone and their mother seems to be getting it around here too. :icon_crazy:

That looks beefy for sure! Did you happen to check to see if you had the deflection that doubletap had before installing the brace?

I looked and for the life of me, I can't say that I saw anything on my JL. Just with the track bar alone, my JL rides and handles nice and tight. All the extra components are just icing on the cake.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice install and video. That is a really well designed part.

Thanks and yes, I think it's a must have :)

Winter has arrived! Still mind boggled with doubletapsaddy’s video, crazy. Definitely a mod worth doing even with out the steering gear moving, it really reinforces the track bar.

Awesome video, I see a heater in your future!

LOL! I have the heater, I just need to install it. I have one of those torpedo heaters too and it works great - just super noisy.

The video that doubletap posted was all I needed to know that I wanted one of these. :yup:

Nice video and awesome timing Eddie. I Just ordered one of these from Bubba for my buddies JL. Side question and little off topic and I only ask because I saw your Synergy tie rod. Can you use the factory steering stabilizer clamp with the Synergy tie rod?

On the JL? There is no clamp like there was on a JK. The steering stabilizer mounts to the axle near the FAD and then on the TRE on the tie-rod.

MericaMade

Thanks and yes, I think it's a must have :)

LOL! I have the heater, I just need to install it. I have one of those torpedo heaters too and it works great - just super noisy.

The video that doubletap posted was all I needed to know that I wanted one of these. :yup:

On the JL? There is no clamp like there was on a JK. The steering stabilizer mounts to the axle near the FAD and then on the TRE on the tie-rod.

My bad. I meant for the JK. Thanks Eddie.

TrailHunter

Hooked
JL JOURNAL : Synergy Front Track Bar Reinforcement & Sector Shaft Brace INSTALL

Seems like a Solid Upgrade for both the JK & JL. Even just the bracket alone would be helpful. I need to decide on the sector brace or a big bore. Cool Video!

benatc1

Hooked
Great install video, think im going to try one of these out. Still have a bit of a dead feeling in steering with the 37s. Was cold this past weekend, good day to use the overalls I see instead of the normal shorts you have on..

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom