Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuck in 2nd after axle swap

Been Around the Block phillypete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    This could be the issue, but since he put all the sensors in the rear I’m assuming he went with 52 count rings instead of 60.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yes 52 count on the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by phillypete View Post
    That is exactly what this Artec kit does. I saw nothing in the documentation that it would not work on 2012+ vehicles.
    I’m pretty sure he’s right and most likely this is the issue. You need to run speed sensors at every wheel. It’s not a big deal other than the fact that you already put 52 tooth count rings in the rear already. You’ll either have to change those to 60 count, replace the front unit bearings with the Currie unit bearings built for JK’s, or rebuild your current unit bearings tone ring with the ones Artec sells. You’ll also need abs sensors for a ram pickup.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    I’m pretty sure he’s right and most likely this is the issue. You need to run speed sensors at every wheel. It’s not a big deal other than the fact that you already put 52 tooth count rings in the rear already. You’ll either have to change those to 60 count, replace the front unit bearings with the Currie unit bearings built for JK’s, or rebuild your current unit bearings tone ring with the ones Artec sells. You’ll also need abs sensors for a ram pickup.

Yes, putting all 4 on the rear won't work. There's a ton of info sprinkled around the internet on this regarding the 12+

If he has the JScan app, he should be able to have different tooth counts front/rear.... I haven't tried this myself, but I saw the option when I bought the app.

I remember I had a similar problem I was stuck in 4 low because I broke that little plastic bushing for the 4wd linkage cable. Cheap part just a pain to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123