2012 JKUR CEL Code: P0830

jesse3638

Hooked
After changing the transmission fluid on my 2012 JKUR Manual Trans it threw a CEL. I just had the code read yesterday at my local O'Reilly and it came back P0830: Occurs when the powertrain control module (PCM) detects a malfunction in the clutch position sensor's circuit.*Was looking to see if anyone has experienced this and what they did to fix it? I'm going to pull the battery cable to see if it'll clear it and it potentially be an intermittent problem before replacing the clutch position sensor. The jeep still starts and has not acted up other than the light. Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

FYI, on my ‘16 you can do some ignition sequence and get the code to flash on the dashboard. Can’t remember now, but I looked it up online the last time I threw a code and it worked. Save’s a trip to the ol oreilleys

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

POOJEEP

Clear the codes with a scan tool, then drive it again normally. The position sensors on these can be very sensitive, resting a foot on the pedal multiple times can activate the code. If it comes back and know you haven't left your foot on the pedal, most likely the switch is bad.

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
FYI, on my ‘16 you can do some ignition sequence and get the code to flash on the dashboard. Can’t remember now, but I looked it up online the last time I threw a code and it worked. Save’s a trip to the ol oreilleys

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
Totally forgot about that trick. Thanks for the reminder.
Clear the codes with a scan tool, then drive it again normally. The position sensors on these can be very sensitive, resting a foot on the pedal multiple times can activate the code. If it comes back and know you haven't left your foot on the pedal, most likely the switch is bad.

Yeah it was after my son drove it. He may have done that as he is still fairly new to driving a manual. Will pulling the battery cable clear it?

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Not always, it basically just resets all the drive monitors. I would just have them cleared, and less work than pulling cables off lol

Makes sense. Only problem is I do not have a code reader so I can't clear them that way. Pulling the cables is too bad so I'll give that a try. If if doesn't work I'll borrow a code reader from my buddy next week.

jesse3638

Hooked
Well I pulled the battery cables, reconnected them, and let it run for about 5 mins in the garage. Seems like its cleared and good to go. We'll see what happens next time I drive it.

BaddestCross

Makes sense. Only problem is I do not have a code reader so I can't clear them that way. Pulling the cables is too bad so I'll give that a try. If if doesn't work I'll borrow a code reader from my buddy next week.

I never get how someone that owns a Jeep doesn't own a scanner. [emoji23]

$140 at HF gets you a pretty decent one that does ABS and air bag systems too.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jesse3638

Hooked
I never get how someone that owns a Jeep doesn't own a scanner. [emoji23]

$140 at HF gets you a pretty decent one that does ABS and air bag systems too.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
True. I was as actually thinking of going with the Jscan app and OBD II module and selling my procal. Just don't know if I can clear codes or just read them with the app. Need to do some research.

Top Bottom