Thread: Two different 8 speed transmission options on the 2020 JL?

Two different 8 speed transmission options on the 2020 JL?

Was looking at the build configurator and they show two 8 speed transmissions. One is a $2000 option which i'm pretty sure is the same on on the 2018/19 models and a $2750 TorqueFlite one. Any idea what these are?

JUst figured it out, one of them automatically changes your engine to the Diesel. I thought it would use the same transmission, guess not...

Quote Originally Posted by jorgelrod View Post
    JUst figured it out, one of them automatically changes your engine to the Diesel. I thought it would use the same transmission, guess not...
    Are you shopping for a JL??

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Are you shopping for a JL??

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    I'm on the fence, I love where my JK is at, but everytime some new thing wants to creep up on me, it drives me insane. Last Year around this same time I changed the actuator on the AC blender door, yesterday it started acting up and little things like that seriously makes me think about changing to a new vehicle.
    Last edited by jorgelrod; 12-08-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgelrod View Post
    I'm on the fence, I love where my JK is at, but everytime some new thing wants to creep up on me, it drives me insane. Last Year around this same time I changed the actuator on the AC blender door, yesterday it started acting up and little things like that seriously makes me think about changing to a new vehicle.
    These JLs and the JKs don't have the same stupid design air mix doors that the WJ Grand Cherokees had, do they? I would think Jeep learned from that and fixed it, or at least tried to do it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie314 View Post
    These JLs and the JKs don't have the same stupid design air mix doors that the WJ Grand Cherokees had, do they? I would think Jeep learned from that and fixed it, or at least tried to do it differently.
    I wouldn't know, I just know it's a PITA to get in where the actuator is at to replace it.