Two different 8 speed transmission options on the 2020 JL?

jorgelrod

Hooked
Was looking at the build configurator and they show two 8 speed transmissions. One is a $2000 option which i'm pretty sure is the same on on the 2018/19 models and a $2750 TorqueFlite one. Any idea what these are?

jorgelrod

Hooked
JUst figured it out, one of them automatically changes your engine to the Diesel. I thought it would use the same transmission, guess not...

jorgelrod

Hooked
Are you shopping for a JL??

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I'm on the fence, I love where my JK is at, but everytime some new thing wants to creep up on me, it drives me insane. Last Year around this same time I changed the actuator on the AC blender door, yesterday it started acting up and little things like that seriously makes me think about changing to a new vehicle.

Last edited:

Charlie314

I'm on the fence, I love where my JK is at, but everytime some new thing wants to creep up on me, it drives me insane. Last Year around this same time I changed the actuator on the AC blender door, yesterday it started acting up and little things like that seriously makes me think about changing to a new vehicle.

These JLs and the JKs don't have the same stupid design air mix doors that the WJ Grand Cherokees had, do they? I would think Jeep learned from that and fixed it, or at least tried to do it differently.

jorgelrod

Hooked
These JLs and the JKs don't have the same stupid design air mix doors that the WJ Grand Cherokees had, do they? I would think Jeep learned from that and fixed it, or at least tried to do it differently.

I wouldn't know, I just know it's a PITA to get in where the actuator is at to replace it.

Top Bottom