Synergy UCA - Rear pinion angle

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Recently installed a 1350 u joint rear DS and have been running stock rear arms with 4” EVO Plush Rides. With the new drive shaft I needed to rotate my rear axle up to match pinion and DS angle.
I just installed some Synergy rear UCA’s and now it looks like I need less pinion angle. Catch is that I believe the arms are adjusted all the way in.

Does anyone have experience with these arms? Are they too long to use with stock lowers or is something wonky with my setup?

Pic is of the DS v pinion angle with the new arms. About 2* too high on pinion
IMG_1852.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug
Recently installed a 1350 u joint rear DS and have been running stock rear arms with 4” EVO Plush Rides. With the new drive shaft I needed to rotate my rear axle up to match pinion and DS angle.
I just installed some Synergy rear UCA’s and now it looks like I need less pinion angle. Catch is that I believe the arms are adjusted all the way in.

Does anyone have experience with these arms? Are they too long to use with stock lowers or is something wonky with my setup?

Pic is of the DS v pinion angle with the new arms. About 2* too high on pinion
View attachment 338573

Assuming you have the uppers set as short as they’ll go, consider getting either adjustable lower arms or synergy fixed arms, which are 1/2” longer than stock, cheaper than the adjustables, and should correct your issue. I have the adjustable uppers, fixed lowers, and 4.5” springs. All synergy. Can set the pinion properly with that set up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Assuming you have the uppers set as short as they’ll go, consider getting either adjustable lower arms or synergy fixed arms, which are 1/2” longer than stock, cheaper than the adjustables, and should correct your issue. I have the adjustable uppers, fixed lowers, and 4.5” springs. All synergy. Can set the pinion properly with that set up.

I was hoping somebody would tell me I was just doing something weird so I wouldn’t have to buy more parts lol

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha , not have to buy more parts, that’s great!!

Hey now! One can hope [emoji23]

Shorter uppers or longer lowers are the only way to fix your angle.

As it would appear 🤦🏼*♂️

Sorry.

Also, that driveshaft looks a bit short to my eye.

I sure hope it isn’t. Ordered it from Adams with dimensions and lift specs.

desertrunner

Not sure about the synergy arms but I'm running Currie uppers with stock lowers and it works out with my Adams DS but I am 1.5-2" lower than your lift so it's possible the height is just too much to have only adjustable uppers.
Side note when I ordered my Adams they mentioned how much blue should be showing (can't remember off the top of my head) but mine only have maybe 1" of blue showing at ride height. Might be worth giving them a call and asking about that. Assuming you are at ride height in that picture I agree it looks a bit short

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Not sure about the synergy arms but I'm running Currie uppers with stock lowers and it works out with my Adams DS but I am 1.5-2" lower than your lift so it's possible the height is just too much to have only adjustable uppers.
Side note when I ordered my Adams they mentioned how much blue should be showing (can't remember off the top of my head) but mine only have maybe 1" of blue showing at ride height. Might be worth giving them a call and asking about that. Assuming you are at ride height in that picture I agree it looks a bit short

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah I’m thinking the lift height is the issue here.
I’ll give Adams a call tomorrow and ask. The collar also appears to have come pretty loose so I needed to ask them about that as well. And yes, the picture is at ride height.

Top Bottom