My upcoming JT build: Evo Mfg suspension/King 2.5 shock fitment

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I'm in the process of ordering everything to start my JT build when I get home to the USA again and have a few questions, mainly about shock fitment. I'm planning on the Evo Mfg 2.5" Enforcer lift with the Evo Spec King 2.5 shocks. I've seen that a set of shock relocation brackets is available for the JL, for larger body shocks. I'm assuming the JT isn't any different up front suspension wise when compared to the JL. Anyone know if these 2.5" body King shocks require relocation brackets to fit the Jeep JT? I don't see the brackets included with the lift kit, so part of me wants to assume I don't need them. I'll be using the KMC XD232 Robby Gordon bead lock wheels with 3.5" of backspacing and 37/12.50/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, so tire to shock clearance won't be an issue. I mainly curious about shock body to frame clearance.

Thanks. :beer:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
That’s the exact setup I was looking for mine eventually. I don’t have any answers to your questions, but post up how it goes when you get everything installed! I think it’s gonna be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
The JT is gonna be sweet! If it’s anywhere close to your JKU build then it’s gonna be nice!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I may end up running a different shock. I really want to run the bolt on coil overs, but the rear kit isn’t out yet for the JT. I might just run the Fox 2.0 shocks instead of spending the coin on the King 2.5s. With the Evo 2.5 stage 4 suspension kit I’ll have all 8 control arms and essentially be ready for coil overs when I want to upgrade.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I may end up running a different shock. I really want to run the bolt on coil overs, but the rear kit isn’t out yet for the JT. I might just run the Fox 2.0 shocks instead of spending the coin on the King 2.5s. With the Evo 2.5 stage 4 suspension kit I’ll have all 8 control arms and essentially be ready for coil overs when I want to upgrade.

Exodus 4x4

Hold out. The rear kits will be available very soon. Waiting on King.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
If it were me I'd just hold out and get what I want. It's only a couple of months.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m not ready to do the coilovers just yet. Maybe after a year or so wheeling it on the 2.5” spring and shock suspension. I’m already doing wheels, tires, suspension, Tazer mini, Warn winch, air compressor, and a roof top tent. Another $5-6k for coilovers is more than I want to spend at one time.

Exodus 4x4

Yeah I called Evo Mfg a few days ago and I believe it was Andrew who answered, said they are estimating a February ETA on the rear kits.

If Andrew said it then it’s good info. I’m suppose to get a set this month, but probably because we’re in the first round of shops that have been waiting since the summer.

Exodus 4x4

Looking forward to seeing Evo Mfg's rear JT coilovers on a few more Jeeps. It seemed to do well at JT/JL Experience.

I’m looking forward to seeing some of the other suspensions coming out, as well as EVO’s. I’ve talked to a couple of people and they have some really interesting plans, but they’ll take some time to develop.

Top Bottom