5.7 Hemi Conversion

A.J.

Anyone done it themselves? I lucked into a great deal on the entire set up out of low mileage running Jeep. 5.7vvt Hemi with 545rfe trans and Rubicon transfer case along with all the conversion parts except motor mounts and battery tray. Seems like it shouldn't be too bad. Most of the tricky stuff is already done. I would like to hear from any of you that have actually done it. Problems that arose, things you might change and or improvements that could be done easier prior to install. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s a hell of a find! Can’t help on the install, but looking forward to seeing if it works out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

bkac

Caught the Bug
I’ve done a few. What year are you putting it into? Reason I ask is the 5.7 isn’t much of a gain over the 3.6, it is a noticeable difference over the 3.8 though. Always regret not just doing a 6.4.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

A.J.

I’ve done a few. What year are you putting it into? Reason I ask is the 5.7 isn’t much of a gain over the 3.6, it is a noticeable difference over the 3.8 though. Always regret not just doing a 6.4.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Going in a 2011 which is the 3.8 should be a big improvement. I had plans to go LS or Hemi at some point anyway I just didn't think it would be this soon. I just moved up to 1 tons this year so I'm good to go there. I just want to make sure I have a reliable solid setup when I'm done. I drive it everywhere. No trailer. Any advice is appreciated. My little 3.8 has been super reliable. 90k on it with no problems at all.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Great find man...and good luck with the install...
Thanks! Wishing I had a lift at home. Body off seems like the easier route to take. Can be done without through the engine though. We’ll see I guess.
That looks like it would be a fun project. Congrats on the find, can't wait to see how this goes.

Me either! Lots of research first. Might be a couple Months before the swap begins.
Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn man. I’m not going to be able to keep up with you guys on the rubicon any more. [emoji23].

I don’t think it will make a difference on the trail so much, but on the mountain passes?? I’m gone!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Good deal for you

Why not build an A frame to hoist the body with? You can build one cheap enough, then use a couple of chainfall hoists. Roll the frame out from under it until it's time to set it back on

A.J.

Good deal for you

Why not build an A frame to hoist the body with? You can build one cheap enough, then use a couple of chainfall hoists. Roll the frame out from under it until it's time to set it back on

Great idea but I don’t think I have enough room in my 2 car garage for all that. Lol! I’ll probably just wait until one of the tech’s take vacation where I work and “ borrow “ their bay while they are gone. Once I get everything dialed in I should be able to do it in a couple weekends. Working on a plan. I was hoping some people on here who have been there done that would chime on in. From what I’ve gathered so far it shouldn’t be that bad. Still researching.

A.J.

Started the Hemi swap this afternoon. Got most everything disconnected and coolant drained. Should have the body off tomorrow. Wife is coming out to take some pictures so hopefully I’ll have some to post up soon. Gotta admit I’m a little nervous about. We’ll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
Started the Hemi swap this afternoon. Got most everything disconnected and coolant drained. Should have the body off tomorrow. Wife is coming out to take some pictures so hopefully I’ll have some to post up soon. Gotta admit I’m a little nervous about. We’ll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

You started a hemi swap on your Jeep on Valentine's Day? And your wife's coming out to take pictures? You either have a real keeper or you'd better find a hiding spot quick.

A.J.

She’s all about it. Definitely a keeper. Our anniversary was 1/28 so Valentine’s Day isn’t too big a deal for us. She kinda lets me off the hook as long as the anniversary is good enough for both. Works out fine! [emoji16]

Top Bottom