installed Synergy Track bar and TB Reinforcement & Sector Shaft

jeeeep

Hooked
Got the Synergy track bar and the TB Reinforcement & Sector Shaft brace installed on my stock JL; took a short drive and handling felt a lot better.

Didn't feel like I was having to constantly correct. :thumb:

I do wish I would've done a test drive with just the track bar to see what difference it made.

The stock track bar was so light in comparison to the Synergy; it also felt lighter than the stock JK track bar.

The stock TB crimps holding the ends in place look like weak spots, wonder if welding the ends in place would stiffen them up more to perform better.

For those of you about to install this in a stock Jeep I'd recommend undoing the driver side shock, and go thru the process of removing the coil.

I'm guessing maybe aftermarket coils have wider gaps between the coils but the stock coils on the Rubicon didn't have enough gap to get the socket in to remove the top short steering box bolt.

Also with the coil removed makes it easier to access the back side of the Synergy brace. All the wires and shit that run in the area of the brace make it difficult to tighten the flat head screw.

It can be done with the coil in place (I did it) but it was a PIA and cost me more time in the long run.

Removing the coil would have made it so much easier.

I'll be on the freeway and will post up how it handles at higher speeds.

Update....

Today was a perfect day for seeing if there was an improvement, cold and strong winds.

Jeep tracked perfect! I cannot believe it made this much of a difference.

The steering is solid and not once did I feel like I was chasing it trying to stay between the lines. :wings:

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Good feedback. If I have any issues after installing larger tires, the brace will probably be my first mod.

jeeeep

Hooked
I had the opportunity to drive a 2019 today; guy was parking at the same place we had lunch, luckily he didn't think I was completely crazy with my request LOL

His did not wonder at all, his steering felt firmer than my 2018 before the Synergy parts.

Makes me wonder what they changed for 2019 or if 2018's had a batch of shitty steering boxes.

Exodus 4x4

I had the opportunity to drive a 2019 today; guy was parking at the same place we had lunch, luckily he didn't think I was completely crazy with my request LOL

His did not wonder at all, his steering felt firmer than my 2018 before the Synergy parts.

Makes me wonder what they changed for 2019 or if 2018's had a batch of shitty steering boxes.

There’s at least 3 different part numbers for steering gear boxes on the JL, that I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Halstem1

Was the install pretty strait forward? I've read a couple of people that had a tough time with the nut that holds the pitman arm on. Both removing it and getting it re-torqued. but then there are others that had not issues at all. Seems like some cheap insurance with 37's but I'm not the most experienced with a wrench.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Got the Synergy track bar and the TB Reinforcement & Sector Shaft brace installed on my stock JL; took a short drive and handling felt a lot better...

:

Where did you purchase it from? Two of the vendors listed on Synergy's site did not have.

jeeeep

Hooked
Was the install pretty strait forward? I've read a couple of people that had a tough time with the nut that holds the pitman arm on. Both removing it and getting it re-torqued. but then there are others that had not issues at all. Seems like some cheap insurance with 37's but I'm not the most experienced with a wrench.

easy install with the proper tools. If you try to torque it back up with a standard 1/2 inch torque, it'll be tought because they tend not offer the leverage that the Tekton listed below offers.

The Milwaukee 1/2inch impact that makes removing the pitman arm nut piece of cake. It's pricey but I bet I spent double on replacing cheaper impacts.

Torquing it back up is also easy with the 1/2 inch Tekton torque wrench listed here:
Tekton 24340
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/51023-Hand-Tools-Wrenches-Sockets-Torx-etc

all the tools I used are listed here:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-Reinforcement-amp-Sector-Shaft-Brace-INSTALL

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Got the Synergy track bar and the TB Reinforcement & Sector Shaft brace installed on my stock JL; took a short drive and handling felt a lot better.

Didn't feel like I was having to constantly correct. :thumb:

I do wish I would've done a test drive with just the track bar to see what difference it made.

You should have. I purchased track bar only and it not only centered my axle (the intent), it took away the pesky little steering wobble I had at about 42-50mph. It started not long after lifted and 37's.

IMO the TB Rein... is a waste of $$. It will not stop a death wobble if it ever occurs.

Exodus 4x4

IMO the TB Rein... is a waste of $$. It will not stop a death wobble if it ever occurs.

There’s several people, including a forum member, with video of the frame flexing before the track bar bracket is installed, so I wouldn’t say it’s a complete waste of money. And before you ask, I have seen a post-install video where the frame no longer flexed.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I just installed my synergy front track bar yesterday (not the bracket). When I took the frame side bolt out I noticed the bolt hole had wallowed out. I only had like 2500 miles on it since I lifted and had checked the torque twice.... SO bummed, I don't need this.....

If anyone's doing a track bar install I'd be interested to know if there's a little bit of play between the bolt and hole with no bar installed or if its totally snug. Anyone else getting oblong?

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:

JKbrick

I just installed my synergy front track bar yesterday (not the bracket). When I took the frame side bolt out I noticed the bolt hole had wallowed out. I only had like 2500 miles on it since I lifted and had checked the torque twice.... SO bummed, I don't need this.....

If anyone's doing a track bar install I'd be interested to know if there's a little bit of play between the bolt and hole with no bar installed or if its totally snug. Anyone else getting oblong?

View attachment 339364

Looks like you need to weld a thick washer on both outside sides of your bracket

Top Bottom