Drive Shaft Pro Rock 44 Possible problems.

Well I just installed my PR44 and I noticed my drive shaft seems a little long on full droop with a EVO 3 inch lift and 4 inch rancho shocks. But when I compressed the shocks the drive shaft would fit. The jeep is a 08 and maybe the slip in she shift needs to be worked in. I don't know. So what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20191216_172638.jpg
    20191216_172638.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 168

jesse3638

Hooked
If you have a local drive line shop take it to them and let them check it out. I'm sure they can help you out. Just picked my 1310 up from the shop last week as I thought the center ball was going out. He pulled it all apart and inspected it. Said it was perfectly fine and didn't even charge me. I'm going to have him build my 1350 next year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I wonder if they knew you had the flange? It looks like if it were a yoke it may have fit. Like he said though, a local shop will tell you how to measure for a correct fit

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
It definitely looks to long. A local shop can cut and balance it pretty cheap. Safest way to go

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Exodus 4x4

Is it a stock drive shaft? If yes, then you need to play with it a little. If it’s aftermarket, have it shortened. Drive shafts are longest when the axle is all the way up, not all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes stock drive shaft and I for got to mention. I do have evo adjustable upper and lower arms. Could I extend both out to stretch out the front ?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you have a local drive line shop take it to them and let them check it out. I'm sure they can help you out. Just picked my 1310 up from the shop last week as I thought the center ball was going out. He pulled it all apart and inspected it. Said it was perfectly fine and didn't even charge me. I'm going to have him build my 1350 next year.

I doubt he took it apart. Usually when you take those apart you replace everything. You don’t want to open them up unless you have to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Didnt think it would be that easy. So a after market drive shafts are shorter ? I can just drive it to the shop with out the it attached ?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Didnt think it would be that easy. So a after market drive shafts are shorter ? I can just drive it to the shop with out the it attached ?

Well you should really take measurements and get it custom made. Just lift the axle until the shaft fits or push in on the slip until it fits. You can run that shaft for the time being.

Ok So get the tires on the jeep and drop it down then hook up the drive shaft and just no flexing. Is this cause I bought 4 inch shocks witch has to much droop compared to a 3 inch shock?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ok So get the tires on the jeep and drop it down then hook up the drive shaft and just no flexing. Is this cause I bought 4 inch shocks witch has to much droop compared to a 3 inch shock?

Where did anyone say no flexing? You’re over thinking this.

Ddays

Hooked
I was thinking it would be putting pressure onto the transfer case and the front axle since it is to long.

If you're that concerned about this throw the front DS in the back of the Jeep and drive it to the shop to have them look at it.

jesse3638

Hooked
I doubt he took it apart. Usually when you take those apart you replace everything. You don’t want to open them up unless you have to replace it.

I forgot to mention he also replaced the cracked rubber dust boot in there. Also replaced the u-join snap rings. He's very reputable so I trust him.

Top Bottom