JK ARB High Output compressor mount

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Could have sworn i saw a engine bay mount for the ARB high output compress in the WAYALIFE store a few months ago. Just checked and i only see the JL version. Anyone know if this will work for a JK? Or do they have a dedicated JK mount I'm missing? Or am i just crazy?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Could have sworn i saw a engine bay mount for the ARB high output compress in the WAYALIFE store a few months ago. Just checked and i only see the JL version. Anyone know if this will work for a JK? Or do they have a dedicated JK mount I'm missing? Or am i just crazy?

MORE makes a mount for the JK under the hood.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

WJCO

Meme King

I don't recall Eddie or Cindy having a mount for the JK. They did a write-up on one a long time ago though.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...llation-Write-Up?highlight=compressor+onboard

Synergy makes one that hooks on to the brake booster as well.

Last edited:

JJ151

I actually have a MORE dual ARB compressor mount for the engine compartment of a JK. I had to remove as it doesn’t fit with the JK8 break booster I installed. PM me and we can discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I actually have a MORE dual ARB compressor mount for the engine compartment of a JK. I had to remove as it doesn’t fit with the JK8 break booster I installed. PM me and we can discuss.

Haven't had much time to research today. I think I like the synergy mount a little better, but from the picture I couldn't quite tell where the MORE mount installed.

I bought the ARB high output compressor, not the dual compressor. I'm assuming the MORE mount will work for the single? If so, let me do a little more reading and I'll get back to you on that. Thanks!

BaddestCross

Haven't had much time to research today. I think I like the synergy mount a little better, but from the picture I couldn't quite tell where the MORE mount installed.

I bought the ARB high output compressor, not the dual compressor. I'm assuming the MORE mount will work for the single? If so, let me do a little more reading and I'll get back to you on that. Thanks!
Several companies make an under-hood mount for the single. Personally, I run EVO's.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jjlong

I'm sure many people have had good luck with the compressor under the hood. But just a heads up, I have the ARB dual compressor with the MORE mount and I've had to replace the compressor twice (about every 2 years) because one of the compressors fail. I believe it's because of heat. Luckily, ARB stepped up both times and sent me a new one...no questions asked.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I'm sure many people have had good luck with the compressor under the hood. But just a heads up, I have the ARB dual compressor with the MORE mount and I've had to replace the compressor twice (about every 2 years) because one of the compressors fail. I believe it's because of heat. Luckily, ARB stepped up both times and sent me a new one...no questions asked.

That's odd... My single has been chugging away under there for 3 years. I do leave the hood up when it's in use, though.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

My twin overheats too but that is filling 40’s. I’ve had a viair under the hood of my two door for 7 years with no issues and it has never overheated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MericaMade

So is the overheating issue because it's in the engine bay or keeping the hood closed while using it? I'm going back and forth as a where I should mount mine?

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So is the overheating issue because it's in the engine bay or keeping the hood closed while using it? I'm going back and forth as a where I should mount mine?

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have no idea but I always keep the hood open while airing up. Not to mention, my twin is the slowest around I feel like. I would bet it has to do with it being so hot. I just don’t know where to move it because I don’t want it inside.

fiend

Caught the Bug
All compressors generate a lot of heat. It’s basic physics. The cooler it stays, the longer and more efficient it runs. It’ll stay cooler the greater the difference in temperature between the compressor and the ambient air. So all else being equal, you’ll get better performance by lifting the hood and even better performance by locating the compressor in a place that’s cooler than being next to an engine.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
This is all excellent info... I figured if the hood was open the compressor would get enough air to stay cool. I don't want it inside the jeep, way too loud. I saw a mount for a compressor and air tank that went under the jeep back by the exhaust I believe. My only worry there is dirt and debris. Although I could cover the compressor while not being used.

I think I'll crawl under the jeep this weekend and see if there's a safe place to install. I think i can build a custom mount if the geometry isn't too screwy.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Not to play devil's advocate but I like my mount under the hood when it's below freezing out. It makes me cringe when the compressor diaphragms go from freezing to real hot in a few minutes. Admittedly in the summer I pop the hood and even have a small camping fan that I point on them when I'm filling up. I would think I'm more likely to crack the diaphragms when they are cold then when they are hot but I'm no enginerd.

MericaMade

Question. Can I just run my Switch pro leads to the power wire of the compressor and ground to neg terminal and bypass the harness all together or do i have to use the pressure switch?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Question. Can I just run my Switch pro leads to the power wire of the compressor and ground to neg terminal and bypass the harness all together or do i have to use the pressure switch?

I think switch pro has a harness specifically for the arb compressor.

Top Bottom